Chirs Angel: Are we being duped?

I know the very definition a “Magic” is being duped.

What I’m talking about is, I don’t see how in the hell he can do some of the stuff he does with out using actors or trick photography (or camography or whatever you want to call it)

I remember I used to be a big David Copperfield fan untill I learned by the “Masked Magician” how he pulled that disapearing statue of liberty bit. I felt betrayed because he always assured the folks at home that no trick photography was being used etc…

IIRC, Copperfield’s Statue of Liberty disappearance had no trick photography. The home audience saw exactly what the live audience did.

[Hijack] I read on line how Copperfield did the disappearing Statue of Liberty trick, but I can’t find how he did his walking through the Great Wall of China.
I have an opinion, but I’d like to see the official explanation. Thanks.[/Hijack]

The Masked Magician showed one way that the trick could have been pulled off, not the way it was pulled off.

Hi. I’m a professional magician and I know at least one of the key members of the team that puts together the Criss Angel TV shows.

Statement of fact: he does not rely on stooges/actors or on camera tricks.

I realise that you can choose to either take my word for this or not, and I don’t blame you for having doubts. I fully expect a few cynics to post here saying ‘Ah… but Ianzin’s a magician, so he would say that wouldn’t he.’

I can’t offer the proof, because the only way to do this would be to provide the actual explanations behind how these effects are achieved, which I’m not going to do for obvious reasons (not least of which, I don’t want to get thrown out of the Magic Circle).

Nonetheless, if you are interested in the factual answer to your question, it is as stated: no stooges or actors, and no camera tricks.

Oh, and one last point: those TV shows that apparently show you how the tricks are done… in almost all cases, those are the shows that cheat you, the viewing public, because the ‘explanations’ are ones specially made up for the TV show, and have little or nothing to do with the work of real magicians. Again, it makes no difference to me whether you choose to believe me or not, but I’m telling the truth.