SDMB Katrina Donation File

As a challenge and inspiration for others, I’m posting my donation to the Canadian Red Cross earmarked for Hurricane Katrina. It was remarkable easy as I checked with my bank on line and they already have provided the means to transfer a cash donation directly from my bank account to a fund specially designated for Katrina.

I’d like to see what this community can achieve collectively. No donation is too small. Therefore if you have made a cash donation please post it to this thread and up date the cumulative total.

If you are donating in currency other than USD please convert. I used 80% for my Canadian donation.

Thankyou!

grienspace …$80.00

Total…$80.00

Not yet, but it’s going on Monday as soon as I get in to work, for reasons that will be obvious shortly:

Jweb $100 + $50 company match

Thread Total: $230

I’ll also remind everyone that lots of companies will provide matching funds for contributions such as this, which is an easy way to make your contribution that much larger.

$50.00 and $50.00 company match = $100

Thread total $330.00

$20.00

Thread total $350.00

$100

Thread total $450

Good thoughts and online huggles: Priceless

$50 to the Red Cross and $50 to Catholic Charities USA.

Total so far, $550

$100 sent to Red Cross.
$100 sent to my Sister In Law, who is a restaurant manager in Baton Rouge. She’s called here several times crying, with stories of people coming into her restaurant and having only enough money for one glass of milk to split between three children, etc.
SIL has been feeding these people and paying for their meals out of her own pocket. I guess that hundred counts?

$750 so far.

When I’m back at work on Monday, I’ll be sending $100 to the Red Cross, which is equally matched by my employer.

$750 + $200 = $950 so far.

$100 to the Humane Society Katrina Disaster Releif fund, via my company who is also me.

=$1050

If you don’t work for a company who will match you, an alternative:

$100 to Red Cross.

=$1150

Nothing yet, but I’ll be playing some online poker tournaments, the proceeds of which will be matched and donated to the Red Cross. I’ll be playing at least two, so that’s $40 with the match. I’d do more if I had a steady gig, which at the moment I don’t.

$1190.

I sent $100 to the Red Cross yesterday

=$1250

Sorry

$1290 total now

$100 to the Red Cross, $75 check going to the Lousiana Library Association (for later recovery efforts) today.

$1465 so far

$10.00 to Mennonite Disaster Service
$10.00 to Noah’s Wish
$50.00 to church’s second offering which will be distributed among various groups

Approximately $75.00 in baby formula and supplies to a Dallas shelter taking in refugees.

$1610 so far

$5 to a collection jar outside the library for the Red Cross. I’ll probably give more later.

$1615 so far

$50 to Red Cross

$1665 total