The Manhattan Short Film Festival & Free Beer!

Link

I was planning on going to see “The Constant Gardener” at the Historic Senator Theater yesterday, but when I called for show times, I was informed that the national premier of the Manhattan Short Film Festival would be playing instead.

Oh, and there was also some mention of Stella Artois Gratis. Now, I’m no latin scholar, but I know “Free Beer” when I hear in it any language.

The festival was introduced as “American Idol meets Short Films”. They give you a voting card to vote for your favorite film, and the grand finale will be held in New York City on September 25th. 12 films were chosen for the competition from hundreds of entries.

The festival is showing at independently owned theaters across the country between now and Sept 25th, so go support your local indy theater. There might even be some gratis grog for ya – Stella Artois is a sponsor . Look for details at that link.

In the shorts, there was some humor, some sadness, some horror, and some utter crap.

If you’re into films, and want a chance to drink beer in the movie theater (which I always do anyway because I sneak it in), go check it out. I wouldn’t call it mainstream, but I wouldn’t call it uppity or artsy fartsy either.

I had 2 free beers. You had to pay $2.50 for water at the concession stand. In your face, water drinkers.