Test your gaydar

I took the gaydar test
http://www.okcupid.com/gaydar

Woo hoo! :cool: I totally rock. My result:

**You remarkably scored 85% 

You personally got 17 of the 20 people correct and were better at recognizing girls than guys. *Overall, you guessed better than 94% of all test takers.***

94th percentile! It isn’t surprising that I guessed women better than men: I’m a dyke myself, this confirms it.

First time I got 70%, the second 75%. Both times I was better at recognizing the girls.

I think I’m better than that in real life though.

A Google ad for the US Navy…nice.

My gayday doesn’t work so well.

I scored 70%

You personally got 14 of the 20 people correct and were better at recognizing guys than girls. Overall, you guessed better than 59% of all test takers.

gaydar! :smack:

When, oh when are we going to get an “edit post” function on this board??

I got 45%.

No wonder I’m single.

So did I (I was better at girls than guys). I don’t think that’s so bad, though…only a 30% margin of potential embarrassment. >_>

65%

I’ve been told I’m cute enough to be go, so I wonder if that’s worth anything.

cute enough to be gay. Gah, I hate typos.

You personally got 10 of the 20 people correct and were better at recognizing guys than girls. Overall, you guessed better than 9% of all test takers.

Ahahaha! I lose.

Yeah I sucked at that, but I don’t think Gaydar works unless it’s a real-life situation. There’s much more to my “gaydar” than just the person’s appearance.

Apparently they switch the pictures each test, or I’d point out a certain gentleman in one of the pictures who was rather obviously well endowed. That or his shorts had a very, very strange wrinkle. By his knee. :wink:

I got 80%. But I’m European.

[sub]Who remembers THAT website?[/sub]
:slight_smile:

You personally got 15 of the 20 people correct and were better at recognizing guys than girls. Overall, you guessed better than 75% of all test takers.

Wooot!

I rock!
18/20= 90%
Better than 98% of people who took the test.

I’m better at guys than girls, but my gaydar is apparently in full working order.
I blame the girls secondary school (which was a hotbed of teen lesbianism) and too many nights out in gay clubs (with aforementioned teen lesbians).

Oh, and the fact that I’m bisexual (but in a monogamous het relationship).

70%, and was better able to recognize girls.

65%, and I pretty much just picked randomly. Maybe I’m not attuned or maybe I just don’t care about someone else’s sexuality.

One thought I had - how much did the background of each picture influence people’s choices? How different would the results be if everyone stood in front of a plain wall?

I got 90% I always was a good test taker. :smiley:

I wasn’t looking at the backgrounds, more at clothing, hairstyle, jewelry and the way the person presented themselves in the photo. The things that people use to show their personality.

Exactly. If a girl is sporting a 3" cross on a necklace, chances are she’s not a card-carrying lesbian. :slight_smile:

I got 90% (18 out of 20) and was better at recognizing guys than girls.

In real life my gaydar’s a little more broken. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve been sure a guy was gay and then found out he was a conservative Christian and claimed to be hetero. (Maybe my gaydar is really good and is finding all the closet cases.)