Douche Bag: Sexist Insult?

Don’t know if this is in the right forum, but …

For some reason, lately I have really enjoyed calling some people douche bags. :slight_smile:

That being said, is the term sexist? Educate me please. Do women use the term as an insult as well?

OR

also, is it douche bag or douchebag?

I’m a female and I don’t use it, but do find it funny when someone else does. Not offended in the least.

Oh, absolutely. Just like “scumbag” is misandrist.

^^^^^^^^^
Sarcasm.

It’s not sexist. Juvenile–but not sexist.

I remember the frequency of its use as an insult seemed to drop off after I turned 16.

It’s not sexist at all and can be used for both males and females. It just sounds funny and vaguely gross overtones. That is all.

Okay, what do you employ currently in the alternative?

It’s highly goofy, but not sexist, IMO.

It’s not sexist, and I’m not sure how it would be. I do enjoy saying it from time to time. It’s just fun to say.

To call someone a douche-bag is definately an insult. Why? Because you are saying that they are both

stuck up cunts.

:smiley:

Not to hijack, but can someone tell me the Google Ad you see at the botton of this thread? The one I see is something that I consider a little too customized for me and is based on details about me that aren’t on this messageboard. Spooky.

Sure.

I see ads for Massengill Douche, Umbrella Bag Company, Massengill Douche On Sale, and Pasotti Ombrelli - fashion rain umbrellas.

If you don’t mind me asking, what ads are you seeing?

Jeez, Shagnasty, you’re leaving yourself a little open, there. :smiley:

Now after my last post, I only see an ad for Golf Umbrellas. Why the umbrella connection, I don’t know.

I’m only seeing one ad, Pace Flags. What were you getting, Shag?

See, if you don’t carefully follow the directions when using a douchebag… :smack:

That is what I was seeing too (that is my last name just between the two of us). I am sure you can see how I was getting paranoid about google collecting info from all over and stalking me. Good to see it’s just coincidence.

I’m getting Pace Flags, too.

I am a female, and me and a lot of my female friends called people douche bags. Or just douches. One friend shortened it to d-bag.

I’m getting ads for umbrella bags. I had no idea that you could buy umbrella bags.

Since I’m Canadian, I can happily explain the umbrella ads: “Douche” is French for “shower.” When it douches, you want an umbrella. If you have the money to burn, and want to keep your brolly neat, I guess you want a douchebag, too.

Those Pace flags seem like a default in “iffy” threads.

I’m a female and “douchebag” is my insult of the year. I’ve also started calling people “douche nozzle”.

I think it is hilarious in a very, very childish way.