What do bat bites look like?

Airing yet another of my pathologies on the SDMB. Here goes…

I have a strange little wound on my arm, two “poke holes” about 1/8" apart. I know it’s too big to be a spider bite, and most likely is a partial scratch from a thorn or something, but I was wondering if it could possibly be a bat bite? I sleep in an old house sometimes (for my job) which might harbor bats. Do bat bites ever resemble the classic vampire “poke holes” or am I just being paranoid? There has been so much hype about rabies being caused by undetected bat bites administered while someone is sleeping, that I can’t help but wonder. What do bat bites look like? I have Googled the subject to no avail, except for a story discussing a six-hole bite from a Mexican bat.

Hoping a zoology person or someone else in the know will ease my hypochondriacal fears.

Yes, bat bites leave two poke holes next to each other. Or there might be just one poke hole, or maybe none. But if the holes are 1/8" apart it is either a very small bat, or you are estimating the distance wrong, or it wasn’t a bat.

Tegenaria agrestis,

Thanks for the quick replies.

I just measured it, and yes, the “poke” holes are exactly 1/8" apart.

Keep the info coming!

According to this site

you might not even see the bite mark.