Mozilla Thunderbird Questions

I finally decided to give Thunderbird another look the other day. I had looked at it about 6 months ago and couldn’t figure out how it handled multiple email addresses and servers. Looked again recently, and suddenly it all made sense. I liked the rest of the program, and have been happy with Firefox, so I decided to convert.

Things have gone smoothly, but I’ve run into a couple of things that I knew how to do in my old program, but I’m not sure how to do in Thunderbird. I’m hoping for some help from a veteran of the program…

Firstly, is there a way to change the FROM address on an email you’re sending, on the fly? Now I know that you can choose another “pre-setup” address with the pull-down in the compose window, but that’s what I’m hoping to avoid. Here’s the siutation - I have a subdomain set up on one of my personal domains and I use it to create addresses on the fly for spam prevention. On rare occasions, I have to send an email from one of these created addresses. In my old email program, I could just edit the “FROM” address in the compose window, and that’s what it would show. I don’t seem to be able to do that in Thunderbird, and it would be an awful lot of work to set up a new address just for one use.

So, can it be done simply?

Secondly, is there a way to move email filters in Thunderbird? I seem to have gotten my email filters distributed among several of my email addresses. I’d like them all under one address, and rather than re-creating the ones that are in the wrong place, I’d like to just move (or consolodate) them. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance…

(BTW, I’d normally have posted this on the Mozilla forums, but they’re hosed today due to the release of Firefox 1.5…)