Is Andrea Dworkin Butt-Ugly?

• I ran across a site critical of her, and it says pretty much so. It uses an illustration at one point: " , , -as two camps of women, one doomed to be considered as sex objects and the other doomed not to be. Ms. Dworkin could easily be the righteous born leader of the latter." -I can’t seem to find any pics online. - MC

NOBODY will ever confuse Andrea Dworkin for a sex object.

I don’t think you’d want to find any pics of Andrea Dworkin online. Yecch.

My butt is much, much better looking than Andrea Dworkin.

Besides that, she’s weird. She seems to think that sex and murder are melded together in men’s minds.

Well, sex and suicide maybe, if she was the only choice of someone to have sex with.

Andrea Dworkin’s writing makes her “ugly” no matter what she looks like in real life.

I don’t think it’s nice to talk trash about someone’s appearance in public…especially if it’s someone I don’t even know personally. It’s superficial and mean.

However, there is a small photo of Ms. Dworkin here, along with her autobiography, which explains some of her UTTERLY INSANE, disconnected-from-reality ideas.* Judge for yourselves.

*I never ruled out talking trash about someone’s non-physical attributes.

Andrea Dworkin lives in my neighborhood in Brooklyn. We patronize the same bookshops, and I see her waddling down Seventh Avenue fairly often. She wears overalls a lot.

As her philosophy includes the premise that heterosexual activity equates with violence against women, one would HOPE that she doesn’t go out of her way to make herself sexually enticing to men.

Only knowing her through her writing, I agree that she’s a jerk, but I also agree that’s it’s not nice to pick on a lady’s level of attractiveness. How come there isn’t a thread about that ugly fucker Buckminster Fuller, or that geeky Noam Chomsky?

Hmm. I checked out Five’s link. I didn’t have time to read Ms. Dworkin’s entire diatribe, but I wouldn’t say that she’s “butt” ugly, based on the picture there. She isn’t really attractive though. Combine that with her misanthropic personality and I definitely wouldn’t want to be within 50 feet of her.

I agree, it’s not nice to pick on people for their looks (Lord knows I ain’t teen ido material), but ANdrea Dworkin makes it so tempting!

When she’s ranting and raving that

1. Rape is an act of anger against women, and…
  2. All heterosexual intercourse amounts to rape…

All I can say is, Andrea, honey… I can’t imagine ANY man EVER hating women enough to have sex with you!

At first I thought the question was “Is Andrea Dworkin’s butt ugly?”

I am perfectly comfortable admitting that I do NOT want to know.

She’s just cranky because she doesn’t have a boyfriend.

<jumps into concrete bunker with 6 foot concrete walls, and slams door shut>

How did the letter j become a smiley? I swear it was unintentional…

all I did was this
<J

Wonko The Sane:

Actually, Wonko, unless there’s been a recent breakup I haven’t heard about, she does have a boyfriend, and they’ve been together over twenty years.

• Twenty years and still not married? Well, there it is. - MC

Yeah, I’ve seen photos of her with the boyfriend (I thought he was the husband, but you’re probably right).

He’s a scrawny sawed-off chinless guy with one of those little blond almost-moustaches. What’s sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, right?

<musing> Speaking of “sauce”…Wonder if Andrea considers cunnilingus an act of heterosexual intercourse, and therefore of rage against women…

Just a little image to leave everyone with, before lunch!

I think that she is the rare lesbian type, you just don’t find very often. She works for the government still, I think.

Terrible to say but, she makes butt-ugly look good. Whats worse though, is that she comes across as a lunatic. I saw her interviewed once and it was quite scary.

Ukulele Ike described Andrea Dworkin’s boyfriend thusly:

“Sawed-off”? What, is he an illegal shotgun or something?

“Sawed-off” = colorful slang term for “short.”

Hmmmmmm. Interesting couple of statements you made there. Wanna rethink that? If someone said that I was waddling, I certainly would think they were picking on my level of attractiveness.

But if we’re talking about her, as a person, being ugly, then based on what I’ve heard so far, she sounds like an angry and bitter person. That is a very ugly character trait.