Put a face on a Doper you've never seen

Title says it. If you’ve seen a Doper in real life or on one of the photo threads, don’t go any further.

This has to be a sight-unseen exercise.

Using well-known celebrities (in the loosest sense = liable to have been seen by more than half the Dopers) with (hopefully) a link to a picture that’s close to what you see, put a face on your favorite Doper(s).

If you can’t find a picture, or if the “celebrity” you’re seeing isn’t that well known, then paint a word picture of what that Doper looks like. Hair color, if any. Eye color. Distinguishing features. Face shape.

In short, pretend you’re giving a description to one of those guys with the Identi-Kit so they can locate this person.

**Mr Bus Guy ** is a younger, brunett William H Macy

**Mr Blue Sky ** looks like Constantin from last year’s American Idol

**eleanorigby ** is petite, with curly/wavy light brown/dark blond hair, with a BIG smile

OK, I’ll play…

By the descriptons I found, faithfool looks like this.

Zeldar is a Conehead.

Most of the other Dopers whoi come to mind, I have seen personally.

When I see Bosda Di’ Chi of Tricor’s name I picture Fred Armisen on SNL

Scylla makes me picture Harry Hamlin
I’ll come up with more later.

Oh dear Bog how I wish! Actually, I’m closer to this picture Jenna, except with shorter hair, a more rounded face and obviously, not nearly, well, her. :stuck_out_tongue:

And despite my total enamoration with The Hermit, I only see him as the knight in shining armor. He hasn’t given me enough real world daydreams with which to indulge a mental image. Dang it. :wink: Surely he will though.

Ok, that should have been made clear that I meant Elfman NOT Jameson !

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Mr Bus Guy
EddieTeddyFreddy :slight_smile: (not really)

and mustn’t forget
David Simmons

I imagine Eve looking something like this.

And Inigo Montoya: like this.

That’s a great choice.

lisener looks like Flannery O’Connor. I feel very strongly about this.

…even though I think I misspelled her username.
Drat.

And he’s not a she, as far as I know, but I don’t have any, uh, inside info on the matter.

Aw, shucks. Except for the petite part (I am 5’7") you are quite right! There is a pic of me floating around Doper cyberspace–can’t find it for the life of me at present. (it’s me 20 years ago, but this is cyber space where all things are possible).
I don’t really have pics in my mind of any Doper–you’re all like those melting color lights that signifiy intelligence to the original Star Trek crew in some dam episode(no, I don’t need to know the episode number and air date!). :smiley:

Thanks to roger thornhill’s evocative username, I will always picture him as Cary Grant.

I think pinkfreud must look like this. Nice cleavage. Seriously.

In absolutely no particular order:

Askia as hair down Lenny Kravitz

Diogenes the Cynic as Raiders era John Rhys Davies

Shirley Ujest as Madelyn Kahn

Annie Xmas as Bernadette Peters

Martin Hyde as Jim Bakker

Zoe as Dixie Carter

Eve as Joan Crawford as Norma Desmond as Nellie Olesen

Otto as Roddy McDowell (pre Cornelius)

TomnDebb as- can’t think of the name, but one of those Vaudeville performers who has lipstick and rouge on half the face and jet black hair and a moustache on the other side

Swampbear as John Goodman ca. Revenge of the Nerds

IrishGirl as Fleur Delacour

Bricker as Cornelius Vanderbilt (but younger than in that picture obviously)

Zev Steinhardt as Richard Schiff

IvyLass as Delta Burke (ca. early Designing Women

ME Buckner as Jack Palance

Do not ask me “Why?” on any of these. :cool:

I’ve met a handful of Dopers, and have seen pictures of several more: I collect them from photo threads and wherever they pop up, and keep them on my hard drive for future reference (currently I have 431 pics). However, there are still many folks I’ve neither seen photos of nor met in person.

With absolutely no rhyme or reason, I imagine that twickster resembles Sally Field.

I think of Campion as a somewhat “softer” Jean Smart – sort of a cross between her and Charlize Theron.

Stranger On A Train is Donal Logue-ish.

Askia is a young Ernie Hudson.

Man, this is kind of fun. :smiley:

Exactly!! That’s one of the ones I was going to post!

Others of mine:

Lynn Bodoni as Edie McClurg

C K Dexter Haven as James Stewart in It’s A Wonderful Life (just – don’t ask)

Evil Captor as Burl Ives – but not smiling

Not A Well Woman as the grandmama from Addams Family (TV series)

bubastis as Buddy Hackett in The Music Man

For some reason, I picture Left Hand Of Dorkness as Alice Cooper.

Even though reality is somewhat kinder, I often picture myself as Garrison Keillor or Lurch (from the Addams Family.)

Lynn Bodoni, for no apparent reason, seems to look like Gulf Coast blueswoman Marcia Ball.

I just finished reading Skinny Dip by Carl Hiaasen, and I pictured Swampbear as looking like Earl Edward O’Toole in that book. Large. Hairy. No, hairier than that. “Stands in a doorway, no light shines around him.”