Old 03-11-2006, 08:10 AM

No Internet--error code 46npqe

My computer has lost all connectivity to the internet. I am an AOL subscriber. Dell says the error code 46npqe is an AOL server error. However, when I move the computer to a friends house and try his DSL line with a different ISP the same thing happens. What is this error, and how do I go about fixing it?
Old 03-11-2006, 09:04 AM

I'm confused. Are you taking your computer over to your friend's house and hooking it up to his DSL connection?

What version of AOL are you using?
Old 03-11-2006, 09:40 AM

Yes, I took the computer over to a friends house to try to connect to his (different)ISP, since I was told the problem was an AOL server connectivity problem, and it still gave me the error code without ever connecting. I am using AOL 9.0 with security. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it, installed AOL 8.0, and tried to repair AOL connectivity in Add/Remove programs. Nothing works. I stll cannot connect to anything.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:44 AM
Charter Member

Have you contacted AOL?
Old 03-11-2006, 10:02 AM

Yes, I contacted AOL. The steps I took were at their direction. It also took about two hours of my life to get that limited information, and the people I talked to seemed about as smart as a pile of resistors.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauerbach
Yes, I took the computer over to a friends house to try to connect to his (different)ISP, since I was told the problem was an AOL server connectivity problem, and it still gave me the error code without ever connecting. I am using AOL 9.0 with security. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it, installed AOL 8.0, and tried to repair AOL connectivity in Add/Remove programs. Nothing works. I stll cannot connect to anything.
If you can't connect over AOL 8.0 or 9.0, then you probably have a hardware problem of some kind. Since you have the security edition, there are a couple things you can try:
  1. Look for files on your hard drive named 10090UAAUS.udp and 10091DAFUS.udp. If you're using Windows 2000/XP, they should be in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL\AOLCoach\en_en\download; if not, they're somewhere under C:\Windows. Double click on both of those and let them run, and try starting AOL 9.0 again.
  2. If that doesn't work, uninstall AOL Connectivity Services (from add/remove programs in the control panel) and then try starting AOL 9.0 again.