So, these guys are the Dutch version of the Monster Raving Loony Party, right?

Dutch Paedophiles to launch Political Party

I’m not going to put this in the Pit for the simple reason that I don’t think this “Political Party” has a frog in a blender’s chance of getting any votes, and I just can’t work up the outrage to devote the energy to a proper Pitting.

Even so, I’m not sure whether it says more about Dutch “Tolerance”, or whether everyone else knows they’re not going to get voted in so it’s not worth worrying about.

And, just to provide some reference for anyone unfamiliar with their work, The Monster Raving Loony Party, and their New Zealand counterparts, The McGillicuddy Serious Party.

Note, of course, that I do not mean to slander the good name of the Monster Raving Loony Party (or the McGillicuddy Serious Party) by comparing them to those who wish to have sex with children, of course- I have the utmost respect for the work those parties (MRL and McGS) do (and did) in keeping electoral campaigns interesting.

But if this new Dutch party think they’re going to get any of their goals (Free rail travel for all? Not this side of Bill Gates simultaneously moving to Holland at the same time they strike Oil under the Hague), then they’re sadly mistaken, IMO.

I don’t know whether to point and laugh (so to speak), or just shake my head slowly in disappointed wonder.

In other news, the Pope is still Catholic and Bears the world over have unanimously expressed their preference for defecating in wooded areas… :wink:

Ah, I wondered how long it would be untill someone posted about this…

Martini Enfield, you’ve got the right idea. This political party hasn’t even been officially launched yet, but it has yesterday officially applied for launching, and already the Dutch general public viewpoint is outrage (in a streetpoll today, 72% of the Dutch want the party to be outlawed) mixed with amusement.

It costs 25.000 euro to launch a political party in the Netherlands, so the people who launched it must have coughed up that money.
The chairman of the new party used to be chairman of " Martijn",, a Dutch pedophile emancipation group. (Their website is in English).