The Oldest Crow in the World Has Died

…at the ripe old age of 59. That’s remarkable enough, but wait till you see the picture. You can tell just by looking that that’s the Oldest Crow in the World. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such an elderly looking animal.

He reminds my a little of this guy that also passed away somewhat recently. They are together in heaven now although I never really pictured heaven that way.

He reminds my a little of this guy that also passed away somewhat recently. They are together in heaven now although I never really pictured heaven that way.

What? No more Old Crow? What will I do? :eek:

Made it to 59? That’s really something to crow about!

Darth SAM, Canine of the Sith!

Bwah-ha-hah-ah-haha-ha-etc.

Crowing at 5 a.m. inside a home? That bird was lucky to live more than a few days.

Hmmm… Take a good, long look at the photo of that crow, and then consider the following tidbit from the accompanying article: he was originally found during a thunderstorm, in a frickin’ cemetery.

That ain’t no Oldest Crow in the World; that there is an undead crow. It’s no wonder that he lasted so long, because he was never truly alive. In fact I’m going to need some independent corroboration before I accept that he’s legitimately dead even now. They probably found the little revenant keeled over in his coop, with no body heat or respiration, and just assumed he had finally passed on-- when in reality he was deep in a necromantic coma, communing with his dark lord Mephistopheles. No doubt there’s a plastic trash bag behind a vet’s clinic somewhere with a great big hole in it right now.

[QUOTE=Terrifel he was originally found during a thunderstorm, in a frickin’ cemetery. [/QUOTE]

Yep, Pet Sematary, just like Sam the…dog?

I’m sorry, but that is indeed the ugliest animal I have ever seen.

I feel bad for the crow, though. I miss crows–West Nile got all of ours, and seagulls have moved in. It is just wrong to have seagulls in IL. Shaddup about Lake Michigan–it’s just wrong.

Plus, crows are cool–they live in groups called murders. Seagulls are just rats with sleek feathers (kinda like pigeons).
Christ, that dog will give me nightmares!

Thanks for posting that, Sal. I love crows, what a cool story.

My thoughts exactly. He pulled that shit on me, and he’d have been lucky to live to 5:01 AM.

My first thought was that my old boss had finally died.

Heh. For some reason this really tickled me.

Holy s@#$, that is indeed the ugliest dog I have ever seen!!

Oh no, I thought there was no more old crow

No. My Mother-In-Law is still kicking. I’ll keep you posted.

Having recently discovered myself in the possession of a rather potent bird-phobia, that picture kinda creeped me out.

Still, I’m sorry he died. Poor little fella. Poor, terrifying little fella.

Margaret Thatcher - Magie

…and somewhere, Tom Servo raises a wassail in remembrance.