Torchwood 1.4 (open spoilers)

Deedly deedly…

Captain Jack and the Cyberwoman! A great episode, I thought. Love does not conquer all. And I thought the ending was suitably horrific.

I didn’t like the cybersuit much. But otherwise it was pretty good, and it’s nice to learn more about the usually quiet Ianto.

I don’t think that pizza company is going to deliver to Torchwood any more…

“Sorry, you killed our last delivery person, try Papa Geno’s from now on!”

And what’s with the Torchwood employees? They sneak things home from work, build Cyber-women in the basement, and play basketball around all that equipment?! They really need a better Human Resources department. :slight_smile:

I thought it was a nice nod to Metropolis as well.
It was actually a pretty good action flick, especially considering the limited resources that can put into action extravaganza.

We’re only up to episode 3 at my house, but I’ve already had this feeling the group is akin to the Stargate: Atlantis group: supposedly highly competent people that continuously do really stupid things. “Here’s a piece of alien technology I know absolutely nothing about; what happens if I press this button?”

Its been a bit of a let down to be honest this series. I had thought it would be something more like the Torchwood we see in some Dr Who episodes, professional, powerful etc etc, from what I’ve seen its more like amateur night for people who happen across alien technology.

Well, that’s the difference between being on the inside and being on the outside, innit?

To me, the good Doctor has already cornered the amateurish side of things (in a terribly professional way of course) I was hoping for more of a cross between Spooks (which is quite good) and Dr. Who.

The fuss made about sexuality and so forth seems a bit much, even Lexx served up more than this.

Here’s what bothers me: Ianto is complacent in at least two homicides. Not only should he be immediately fired but if they can’t press charges due to national security it would be a termination with extreme prejudice.

It’s almost become a staple of scifi shows; cast member makes a bad mistake and in the process of covering it up people die, but all is forgiven at the end because they somehow make it right and the actor has a contract. I can accept magic alien technology that violates laws of physics, but not having logical consequences for people’s actions stretches my suspension of disbelief beyond the breaking point.