What is the one food...

…that you look forward to the most for the holidays? I know it can be tough to pick just one. For me, it’s hard to overlook the deviled eggs, fried corn, dressing or Cousin Mary’s 21-layer cake.

But I must bypass them to get to the big ol’ slice of ham. Better than the turkey in my opinion. In fact, you can just leave the turkey in the freezer and serve up another slice of hammy goodness.

You?

I love stuffing.

Egg nog. Why is this not sold year round? I would like to be able to get this at coffee shops. Even better if they could put rum in it.

Mmmmmmm…ham! ::drool::

Pumpkin Pie. I never have it during the year, but never can get enough for Thanksgiving and then Christmas. Yum! :slight_smile:

Sweet potato pie. Holy hell, I can shoot that straight into my veins.

Tossup between two parts of my family’s traditional Christmas Dinner:

Prime Rib with horseradish sauce

-or-

Artichokes with hollandaise sauce.

The popovers, while very good, were definitely in third place.

Unfortunately, I haven’t had it since 2001. I miss my mom.

My mom’s broccoli and cheese casserole.

Second best thing about Thanksgiving food: the morning after, cold ham and cheese biscuits with mustard, straight from the refrigerator!

Moved from IMHO to CS.

For me, it’s a toss-up between stuffing and latkes.

I used to eat ham before I started keeping kosher, and I never liked it. You can have my share, Hypno-Toad and Tikki.

We have of all things a carrot dish that just the best damn thing I’ve ever tasted… and I don’t really like carrots. It’s got onions, bell peppers and is in kind of a sweet, vinegary liquid. I fill one leg with that and then the other with a strawberry, babbana and cream cheese (?) jello and mince meat pie. HF, I like pie!

DIBS!

In this house, we do not celebrate Christmas or any of the associated holidays. We celebrate mandarin orange season. We even bring presents.

Turnip. I never, ever get to eat it except on Thanksgiving. I love the stuff.

Another thing would have to be stuffing. Yumm.

Tofurkey, although it really isn’t seasonal, and the apple dip my ex-girlfriend used to make. She gave me the recipe and I love the stuff. I have no idea why I haven’t made it during the rest of the year, but I’ll make some next week.

Stuffing here too. Everything else is an accompaniment to the stuffing.

Sausage Rolls

My mom makes them every year, usually with Brown n serve sausages.

Drool

Definitely stuffing. I make waaaaaaaaaay more stuffing than I need to feed everyone, and then I send everyone away with leftovers of everything **except ** the stuffing. THE STUFFING IS MINE!!!

Good lord stuffing is awesome, 2nd runner up would be cranberry sauce.

Banana Nut Bread. So moist - so nutty - sooooooo happy!