Who painted pterosaurs on wall at American Museum of Natural History?

At the American Museum of Natural History in New York, there’s a great old painting over the stairs of some pterosaurs. It was used in the album cover of Dinosaur Swamps by The Flock ( here’s a picture ).

Who painted it and does anyone sell a print of it?

It looks like the artist was someone named Constantin Astori, but I don’t know anything about him?

Yay, finally some info!! Further searching reveals his middle initial was N. and he was also known as C.N. Astori.

But what’s his bio and where can I get a print???

Have you tried contacting the museum?

The Museum Shop doesn’t seem to have it. I know the mural you mean, and I don’t recall ever seeing it (or any of the other paintings) for sale when I’ve gone to the Museum.

Yes, last night I found out from their web site how to contact their reference library, so I’ll let you know when I hear back. (FYI if you go to amnh.org and go to FAQs, you’ll find who to contact for various things.)

By the way, did you notice the cockroach in the picture? I didn’t, until a friend pointed it out (he had it pointed out by a museum guide). It’s near the bottom, center-left, and it’s huge.

Oh yeah, I remember the roach!! And I heard back from the museum!! They can sell me a tif file for $25. I’m going to make the coolest print out of it!!