How do you say 'very delicious' in Italian?

I’ve checked Babelfish AND another translation site, and they’re both giving me different answers :rolleyes: . So now I’m not sure what to believe.

Can someone tell me how you say ‘very delicious’ in Italian?

E.

Okay, never mind. I was getting two different words, but they were both appropriate - we just decided to go with the more recognizeable word.

E.

… and the answer is …?

I was getting from Babelfish:

‘molto squisito’

and from another translation site:

‘molto delizioso’

Looked both up in an Italian dictionary, and they both work, but we figured people would recognize ‘delizioso’ a little easier.

The things I do at work some days…

E.

Actually, I would say deliziosissima.

That’s the absolute superlative, isn’t it? Wouldn’t that be more like “most delicious”?

Yes. It’s just a way of putting extreme emphasis on something. You can still say ‘molto deliziosa’, but it just doesn’t have the same ring to it, IMO.

And then make sure you give a sharp kiss to your finger tips.

I used to tell my little sister, when the Mama Celeste pizza commercial would come on, that abbondanza! was Italian for “toxic.”

So when my suitor describes my figure thusly, I should kick him in the nuts?

To clarify, adding “issimo/a” at the end is an intensive but not an absolute superlative.

I believe the gender has to match, it would be La pasta è stato molta deliziosa; le verdure sono stato molte deliziose; di fatto, il tutto pasto è stato molto delizioso.

I don’t have my dictionary in hand but this is almost certainly “very exquisite” which would be appropriate but not a direct translation.

CookingWithGas: Hey, at least it doesn’t mean “very squishy”. :wink:

On a related note, the TV series title “Molto Mario” is actually really stupid.

No–La pasta è stata molta deliziosa.

Le verdure sono state

…tutto il pasto….

It totally makes sense that a thread about Italian language would revolve around food… Mangia, mangia!

In English you say it as follows: “Real good.”

-FrL-

il yummo!

Would a regular Joe use “deliziosissima”?. It is not something I would say in spanish. How about “ricchissimo” or “divino” (forgive my spelling, I am just italianizing spanish)?

If you’re referring to a meal, I’d say era veramente delizioso (with all the usual caveats for regions, eras and personal ignorance). Veramente seems more natural to me in the context than molto.

In context I’d just say Che buono !

According to this source:

The Absolute Superlative expresses an extreme degree or absolute state of something without comparison. This can be expressed in several ways in Italian.

Drop the last vowel of the adjective and add -issimo, -issima, -issimi, or -issime.
Le fragole sono dolcissime. Strawberries are very sweet.

Place the words molto, troppo, or assai before the adjective.
Questa arancia è molto buona. This orange is very good.

Repeat the adjective or adverb.
Lei parla piano piano. She speaks very softly.

Hey, if that’s what he’s into.

Whoa, you’ll have to give me a little refresher course here, I don’t remember that. I thought that the past participle agreed only if you have an object contracted with the auxiliary, like this:

Hai vista l’orologio?
Si, l’ho visto.

Is that rule specific to the past participle for stare?