Draft Dodgers?

I figure this one’s going to end up here no matter what so let’s just save some time by putting it in this forum.

Here’s the question:

From the following groups, who actually dodged the draft?

[ul][li]President’s Cabinet[/li][li]Supreme Court[/li][li]Senate[/li][li]House of Representatives[/li][li]State Governors and Lieutenant Governors[/ul][/li]
Note that if someone actually served in any component of the Armed Forces or had a religious or concientious objection to service, then I would not include them in a list of draft dodgers, nor would I include those who had educational or other deferrals. That’s why the incumbent president isn’t in the list.

The war-mongering fucker wasn’t in 'Nam. He barely showed in the Guard. He’s a draft dodger by any non-nitpicking meaning of the term. And Cheney taking advantage of educational deferments is also draft-dodging. Which is a pity because maybe he’d have learned firearms discipline and how to shoot straight.

As was Clinton - and good on him too, at least he did it for the right reason. He wasn’t gung-ho about the war, the others were. And truly honourable men like Kerry did serve.

You can try and confine the debate to your own pedantic terms but it isn’t going to stay there. The truth is wider than that and the truth is both Bush and Cheney took steps to avoid fighting and dying with their country men in a war they supported. That there were loopholes there for them to squirm through and in Bush’s case, family influence to smear pig fat on the wheels doesn’t cut them any slack.

As mentioned before: you’re clearly insane.

Here is a partial list of distinguished politicians:

• Dick Cheney: did not serve. Several deferments, the last by marriage.
  • Dennis Hastert: did not serve.
  • Tom Delay: did not serve.
  • Roy Blunt: did not serve.
  • Bill Frist: did not serve.
  • Mitch McConnell: did not serve.
  • Rick Santorum: did not serve.
  • Trent Lott: did not serve.
  • John Ashcroft: did not serve. Seven deferments to teach business.
  • Jeb Bush: did not serve.
  • Karl Rove: did not serve.
  • Saxby Chambliss: did not serve.
  • Paul Wolfowitz: did not serve.
  • Vin Weber: did not serve.
  • Richard Perle: did not serve.
  • Douglas Feith: did not serve.
  • Eliot Abrams: did not serve.
  • Richard Shelby: did not serve.
  • Jon Kyl: did not serve.
  • Tim Hutchison: did not serve.
  • Christopher Cox: did not serve.
  • Newt Gingrich: did not serve.
  • Phil Gramm: did not serve.
  • Dana Rohrabacher: did not serve.
  • John M. McHugh: did not serve.
  • JC Watts: did not serve.
  • Jack Kemp: did not serve.
  • Rudy Giuliani: did not serve.
  • George Pataki: did not serve.
  • Spencer Abraham: did not serve.
  • John Engler: did not serve.

Just because I’m too lazy to look up their dates of birth, etc., how many of them were of age during the draft and didn’t fall into the so-called “loopholes” mentioned above, Fear Itself

Please refer to my previous comment on imagination and variety. That’s three times now. If you like I’ll do a Google for you? I’m sure there must be plenty of sites that have a variety of snappy comebacks and variations on classic put-downs. No need to rely on just one.

Cool Comebacks for Dummies maybe? Might be worth checking out Amazon. Or perhaps just something to help with the vocabulary?

Failing that Word comes with a Thesaurus and a facility to generate synonymns.

Thankfully this board comes with a jack-ass filter. (It’s an open goal I know, but knock yourself out anyway.)

Nah, I’d rather not use the jackass filter, tagos. I find your inane and insane ramblings too amusing. For one thing, I thoroughly enjooy being called a supporter of Bush when I actually voted against the man.

Maybe I missed it, but I don’t see where tagos accused you of being a Bush supporter at all. I’ve read both this thread and the other one where you tell him to seek professional help, and I’m really puzzled at your attitude. He’s just doing your typical SDMB anti-Bush talk and you seem to be taking it quite personally.

You missed it.

Well, okay then.

All of them.

Thanks. So, a related question, I guess. How much grief have they gotten for their lack of service?

Oh, and yet another one: did any of the folks on that list do the Canada thing and come back after the pardon?

Monty, I don’t know you or anything, but I’ve noticed in what posts I’ve read of yours that you seem to have a bug up your ass about something on a nearly constant basis. You’re particularly nasty to other posters who don’t share your opinion about whatever the bug-up-your-ass du jour is. Calling other people insane, coming from you, seems a tad ironic.

For most of them, it has been brought up by their political opponents at one time or another. Curiously, they rarely catch any flack from even the most pro-military voices in their own party.

I am not aware of any of them that left the country. Most were cases of personal expediency, such as Dick Cheney:

Maybe it’s moronic posts such as this that peeve people?

There was nothing moronic about my post; you’re being an asshole, plain and simple.

Actuallly, I’m not. I was responding, initially, to one such and then you made what’s essentially a drive-by comment which you admit is based on flimsy evidence. Had you taken to tiime to actually read more than just a few of my posts, especially those outside of the Pit, you’d know that I don’t “constantly have a bug up” any part of my anatomy.

So, you and tagos can enjoy your pretended knowledge of me while I happily go on dealing with intelligent people instead.

Dude, that’s laughable. Your reputation is well-known around here. You’ve been pitted for it several times. Might be a hint.

What? 5 times? Big whoop. Have at it. Go for the next one.

Now that we got that out of the way, do you have anything to say about the actual question posed in the OP of this thread?

In other words : “I didn’t bother to check, I just spit out regurgitated facts.”

From your list:

J. C. Watts: born 1957, ergo not eligible for the draft until 1975, by which point it was well over.