TV trivia questions

Last week, on a TV Trivia thread on the F3 board, I posted ten admittedly difficult questions. Maybe too difficult, there was not a single guess for any of the questions. I thought before I posted the answers, I’d give the larger crowd over here a shot.

1. Cher made her televison acting debut on an episode of what series?
  2. Frank Fontaine was the first person to do what on The Ed Sullivan Show?
  3. What does Geraldo Rivera have a tattoo of and where is it located?
  4. Soap operas originally had fifteen minute episodes. What were the first two to have half hour episodes and the first one to have an hour episode? What years?
  5. When Charles Kuralt announced his retirement on air, he read lines from what poem?
  6. Frances Arvold made both television and American history by not doing something. What?
  7. Morgan Brittany played Vivien Leigh in three seperate productions. What were they?
  8. What married couple co-hosted the Miss America pageant? What year?
  9. Who was the first woman to win $64,000 on The $64,000 Question and what was her chosen category?
  10. According to the Catholic Church, who is the patron saint of television?

Hmm…

Is number 3 “The Runner” or something like that? “Smart lad to slip betimes away / In fields where glory does not stay…”

7.) Was that Joyce Brothers?

Boy, while I absolutely LOVE trivia, this is HARD!

The only one I know is the question concerning the woman winning the 64,000 question. ** Dr. Joyce Brothers,** and her category was ** boxing. **

DRAT and double drat on not knowing the rest of them.

1. Cher appeared on the Merv Griffin show in 1962, performing with Sonny. Or do you mean her actually performing a part in a sitcom? If that’s what you mean, then she played herself on a Batman episode in 1966.

Number ten is St. Clare, I believe.

7)Morgan Brittany played Vivien Leigh in the movie “Gable and Lombard” and again in an episode of the miniseries “Moviola”. The episode dealt with the casting of the role of Scarlet O’Hara.

8)Gary Collins and Mary Ann Mobley. I don’t remember the years.

If I’m not mistaken, Geraldo has a tattoo of the Star of David on the webbing between his thumb and index finger. I think in a lot of urban Latino communities, men get a cross tattooed there to represent their Christianity, but since he’s Jewish, he got the Star.

WOW! That’ll teach me to pay more attention and not post when too tired.

I really screwed up the numbers I used.

What I called #3 is really #5 ; What I called #7 is actually #9

1. The answer I intended was an episode of The Man From U.N.C.L.E. broadcast in 1967. But as Shadowfox wrote, Cher played herself on an episode of Batman in 1966, so I guess it depends on what your interpretation of an “acting debut” is.
  2. He did an impression of Ed Sullivan.
  3. A Star of David on his left thumb.
  4. As the World Turns and The Edge of Night expanded to thirty minutes in 1956 and Another World expanded to sixty minutes in 1975.
  5. “Farewell, My Friends” by Clarence Day
  6. She was the CBS makeup artist whose services Nixon declined before his televised debate with Kennedy.
  7. The movies Day of the Locust and Gable and Lombard and the miniseries Moviola.
  8. Gary Collins and Mary Ann Mobley in 1971.
  9. Joyce Brothers and boxing.
  10. Saint Claire of Assisi