Odd little habits you have

I hope I’m not the only one who does these little wierd things all the time, so come on in and add yours to the list.
Mine is that whenever I give a cashier or someone else change, I give them all the old tarnished coins and keep all the new ones for myself. I guess I’m just fascinated by bright shiny objects.

When I approach doors, elevators, metal tables, metal racks or handrails, I rap them with a knuckle. It seems very odd to other people when they see it, but I’m prone to static-electricity buildups and I hate getting zapped on the fingertips. A quick knock with a knuckle often allows me to discharge the static with less irritation.

I do that, too. Rapping the surface may hurt in and of itself, but at least I’m not giving the static electricity the satisfaction.

I sometimes make myself a cheese and baked tofu sandwich for lunch. It has to be put together in a very specific way. The mustard goes on the bottom slice of bread, then the tofu, the cheese, and the mayonnaise on the top bread slice. I have to hold it that way while I eat it, too. It doesn’t taste as good upside down.

There are plenty of odd little things I do. I used to count hugs, I would count how many hugs I got in one day, typically between 50 and 100 I go to a friendly school and I’m a huggy person. I always eat Limon chips and Dr Pepper at lunch, I freak out when they don’t have my limon chips, how many people really eat those things anyway? I seem to be the only one buying them.
I can’t stand to sit in a chair at school. My officiasl seat in drama is on the floor in the corner next to my friend James. I’m always getting yelled at for not sitting in my seat.
I love pushing the handicapped buttons to open doors. It’s not that I’m too lazy to open the doors myself, heck, I usually expend more energy running to push the button than it would take to open the door. I just love having the door swing open all by itself…
Alright so I’m odd, I’m sorry okay, I’ll just go now…

Kitty

For about five years I used to walk to school with one of my friends and I always walked to the right of her. One day we switched sides and it just felt wrong, weird so half way through we had to switch back. As a result when I’m walking next to someone, I have to walk on the right of them. It’s MY side of the pavement and I just feel strange being on the other side. Odd I know, but people have sides of beds, why can’t I have a side of the pavement?

When I eat a meal with multiple items I almost always eat all of one item before moving to the next. So, if I am at Lyon’s and order the shrimp dinner I will eat:

All the rolls, then
all the mashed potatoes, then
all the cornbread stuffing, then
all the shrimp.

If you were to take all those items and mix them up into a big mess, I would have no problem eating it, but serve them to me separately and I will eat them separately (Baglady teased me about this during the first meal we ever ate together. She’s lucky I stuck around.).

Cool, I thought I was the only one.

I also tend to look around alot while I’m walking. And I have to be moving all the time or else I feel weird.

I must always close my closet doors before I go to bed. I cannot sleep if they are open unless I doze off due to extreme sleepiness or exhaustion.

If I’m eating a typical sandwich, I always chew it in two’s, that is the first bite I take is chewed with the left side of teeth and the following bite with the right. I must chew the last piece with the right side of teeth.

I always sleep either facing north or east. If I know with good certainty that I’m sleeping south or westward, I make every effort to change to north or east.

I mentioned this about myself a long time ago but …

I am apparently incapable of using a urinal without spitting into it first. I don’t know why.

Funny, I always spit at the three largest bubbles to pop them.

I also have to pluck the hair out of my knuckles. I’m a fairly hairy guy, and this is the only part of my body (other than my face) that I habitually depilate.

I do that, too, sometimes–eating all of one item before moving to the next. Other times, depending on what’s on the plate, I’ll mix it ALL together before chowing down. But only when I’m eating alone.

As for looking around while walking, I thought that was the advantage of walking. I’d be more creeped-out by someone who didn’t look around. As in, “Uh-oh, pod-person alert!”

You can add me to that list, too. I have an order I eat things in. I’m a slow eater, so I eat the item that will taste worst cold first, and usually leave veggies until last (and salad is always last).

My Dad thinks I’m strange.

I always eat things one at a time, although, sometimes, I’ll go half-and-half if I REALLY want to eat something.

If I’m wearing shorts, I’ll sit and pluck hairs out of my leg.

If I’m wearing short sleeves, I’ll pluck the wavy hairs of my arms (the straight ones are safe).

My feet must be covered at all times, except showering. Shoes, socks, sheets, or blanket.

–Tim

I have to sleep with all the doors in my room closed. I spaz if I don’t. I also must open each one and check inside before I go to sleep. If I check them, and then leave the room, I have to do it once I come back in.

I also tend to check my bag for my wallet 80 million times a day.
My radio must be on a certain station before I turn it off or else it feels very wrong to me.

Most of my habits are about clothing.

If I’m wearing any kind of watch or bracelet type arm adornment, it MUST be on my left wrist.

My class ring has crossed checkered flags for auto racing on one side with my graduation year (2001), and on the other it has an acoustic guitar and a cowboy hat for country music with my name (Jenn). I always must wear it on my right ring finger, with the 2001/flags part towards my thumb.

My wallet (if I’m not carrying my purse) must always be in my right butt pocket.

When I take a dump, I always have to close the bathroom window blinds. I’m afraid that the aliens can see me.

I’m hearing impaired, but I don’t use sign language. However, I do always sign “thank you” and a few other words. I don’t even realize that I do it… and it took me a while to figure out why some people looked at me in funny ways.

Just wondering, but my english teacher mentioned it today in class, I don’t carry a wallet in my back pocket but for those of you who do, do you always have to have it in the same pocket?

Kitty

I have more odd little habits than I could list! A few odd habits are I usually take the poptabs off of coke cans I’m finished with and sometimes I steal other people’s poptabs. I never have chewed gum (this especially seems strange to other people in high school). I have to keep my fingernails pretty short because sometimes I have scratched myself on my arms or legs until I bleed.