Simpsons 4/22

Huh. How often does one get to say, “South Park already did it.”

It took them this long to get around to Bend It Like Beckham?

I’m an idiot, when did South Park do it?

Episode 1008, Make Love, Not Warcraft, the parallel being that in the South Park episode, Stan’s dad, Randy became involved in the boys’ game.

The irony of this being that South Park had done a Simpsons themed episode, Simpsons Already Did It.

Though in a weird way, they didn’t. Since it takes about a year to make a Simpson’s episode and a week to make a South Park episode, this Simpson’s episode was long since written, voiced and being animated before the SP episode was concieved.

Besides, it’s just part of the culture now.

It’s like saying SP can’t do a baseball episode because Simpsons did it. I liked the bit about “what do you do with the real Moe?” The over-the-top sitcom style laughter, then the cut to Moe tied up.

I enjoyed the Homer naked gag, too.

Well, whoever did it first, South Park did it better- did you ever think you’d see the day that would happen? But for a recent Simpsons, it wasn’t terrible, which is a compliment- hopefully they’re saving all the good gags for the movie.

I did enjoy the line, “And I got a list of places you can’t trick or treat anymore.”

Wee Bairn:

Are you kidding? I said that way back when I compared South Park’s “Chicken Lover” to “Kentucky Fried Lisa.”

I agree South Park has been kicking SImpson’s ass for a while now, I just meant now we have two identical episodes to compare against each other- unless the two you quote are identical/similar, I don’t recall Kentucky Fried Lisa.

Most of their movie parodies are like that these days. But I liked the scene in the movie theater anyway.

There is no such episode. I believe it’s supposed to be a joke.

Wee Bairn:

There wasn’t one (that I know of). I was just figuring someone would use their imagination and get a laugh out of thinking of how an episode with that title might parallel the South Park “Chicken Lover” episode.

Of course, in a crowd of whom a significant portion actually remembers the titles of all 300+ Simpsons episodes, the joke falls a bit flat. :frowning:

I don’t know most titles, and have missed enough recent episodes to not know a lot of what’s happened the last few seasons, but I did think it odd that the Simpsons would have anything close to the Chicken Lover episode :slight_smile:

It was a good try.

This one fit the pattern from this year, I thought - a few real standout lines, a plot that sometimes seemed a little familiar and an odd b-story. Unlike some recent ones (even ones I liked), I bought the plot here. I can buy Marge not having e-mail, for one thing, and I guess I relate to her computer overuse. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, one consistent theme throughout the Simpsons over the years is Marge’s addictive personality.

Whether it’s gambling, or weightlifting, or (in this case) computer use - once she gets involved in doing something, she frequently becomes obsessive about it.

Overall I did like the episode - it was kind of nice to see Homer in the right, and Lisa in the wrong for a change. And I really enjoyed the scene where the statue of the Virgin Mary came off her pedistal and kicked ass.

I think it’s odd how whenever a Simpson gets obsessively involved with a new group, all the townspeople just happen to be obsessively involved with it as well.

I commented to the wife that it was “Convienent.”

What do you want them to do, come up with a few dozen throw away characters each week? I’m happy to be still getting new episodes, much less have a need to get new characters.

Besides, it was a fun way to see our favorite characters.

Edna as a 'ho. Like we didn’t know that already! :smiley:

Speaking of which. . .what was the music playing during that clip. Anyone?

LateComer, I just wanted to say I love your location. Homer City is so appropriate!