RFK, Jr.: Investigate U.S. Attorney Tim Griffin for 2004 voter "caging lists"

He’s also calling for investigation of Rove in the same matter. Story here:

Should the Judiciary Committees do as he urges?

Is there any non-partisan justification for the use of these “caging lists”?

Should we accept the claims made by the OP at face value?

Should we base debate on obviously biased reporting?

These are all good questions to ask.

It was good enough for BBC News. Would you accuse the BBC of anti-Pub bias?

I’d like to see the evidence instead of just people talking about what the evidence proves. Certainly, it’s possibly true. I’ve no way of knowing except for what Kennedy says, and what Palast won’t show us, and I’m not going to buy his book just to see one email.

You? YOU?!?! are not going to buy a Greg Palast book?

I think I’m going to faint. :slight_smile:

I think there should be a death penalty for acts such as are alleged. People have died defending the rights of people to vote and schemes like these make me sick.

You’re so right, Bricker. America has been led astray before by biased reporters. Take that Murrow guy – he was definitely out to get Senator McCarthy, who only wanted to expose the extent of the Communist infiltration of the State Department and the Army Dentistry Corps. Or those guys who tried to defame President Nixon by claiming he was in some way connected to a burglary in some D.C. office complex, for Pete’s sake! Who ever heard of such a thing!!

Freedom of the press never means the right to mount attacks on our anointed, God-given leaders! :eek:

:dubious:

As hyperbolic as this sounds, I think there is a good case for precisely that. Perhaps undermining one of the foundations of the Republic is one of those things that none dare call treason, but that doesn’t change what it is.

I’ve got the book somewhere – I’ll try to dig it out. (Assuming the referenced material is in my copy – the story linked in the OP refers to a “new edition.”)

The fact that a piece of reporting makes your guys look bad is not prima facie evidence that it’s “obviously biased”.

It’s a hijack, but I agree with this. Our electoral system should be sacred and any tampering should be met with the strongest censure available, aka execution. And I’m not a fan of the death penalty, generally. If there were a legitimate discussion about making organized vote tampering or other deliberate manipulation a capital crime, I’d be willing to make an exception to my opposition. Nothing is more important than this. Nothing.

Sounds like maybe the appropriate Congressional committee should buy a few copies, to reach their own conclusion about there’s anything worth investigating.

It is if it gets posted to the SDMB. Especially if it is part XLMCVIII of the “Republicans stole the election!!!” thread that has been running since November 2000 in one form or another.

We sure have. Fortunately, conservative bloggers wer able to prove that the documents were forged.

Regards,
Shodan

Rather, they cannot be proven to be authentic. The words in the document itself were undeniable.

You never get tired of this whiny bullshit, do you? :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, that had nothing to do with the fact of Bush’s desertion, although it certainly made for a convenient red herring for those of you trying to wish it away.

But you know that.

Yes, there were certainly words in the document, just like there are words in The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, which has also not been proven to be authentic.

All it takes is the assumption that there really is a cabal of Jews attempting to rule the world, and all those unfortunate problems with credibility, forgery, fraud, and dishonesty drop away.

Assuming that Dan Rather and CBS News are the equivalent of the Czar’s secret police, which is much less of a stretch than usual for the Usual Suspects.

Regards,
Shodan

I am all ready to get my panties in a twist of major proportions but, before I do, I 'd like to know how Palast got his hands on these purged e-mails. Does he name his source or at least say why he thinks his source is reliable?
How did an English journalist end up with documents that can’t even be gotten by Congress with a subpoena?

Note to Shodan: Dan Rather wasn’t running for President, and wasn’t a deserter. *He * didn’t matter. Bush was, and did. The extensive other evidence that existed prior to the forgery still existed afterward, ya know. Here, let Cecil 'splain it to ya.

Clear now? :rolleyes:

It’s that sweet accent!

While I don’t support the death penalty no matter what, I do agree that this would qualify as treason under my definition of the word.