Is there any way to make my facial hair grow thicker/faster?

The hair on my head is very thick, full, and dark. But my facial hair is thin and light unless it is allowed to grow for weeks. I want to know if there is some way of making my facial hair darker and thicker.

My dad looks like a freakin’ viking after only a few days of not shaving. The hairs are thick, straight, coarse, and very close together. I asked him if my facial hair would ever get like that, and he told me that when he was my age, his was just like mine, thin and light. So is that the only thing I can do, just wait 20 years? (He also told me that “if you just keep shaving, it will grow back thicker,” which is a total myth and has no factual basis - which I told him.)

Are there any kind of supplements or special conditioners that I could use?

Even though it not approved for that use I’ve heard of some people using Rogaine on their face. But that might cause some adverse side-effects.

How old was your Da when he was your age?

Hmm. Let me tell you a story:

My best friend when I was growing up was always shorter than the other guys (and I was no beanpole either), and he was always asking his mother when he would get taller. She always told him his uncle Cliff had been short all through adolescence, then when he was 19 or 20, he shot up to the six feet he was today. This satisfied my friend, at least until we were young (short) adults about your age. He finally confronted his mother, and asked her when he would grow as tall as his uncle Cliff. She put her arm around him and said, “Honey, your uncle Cliff was always tall. I just didn’t want to crush your confidence while you too young deal with it.”

Jerk off a lot? Sorry, I got nothin’

Assuming you’re past puberty. most that I’ve seen either are capable or they’re not.

Back in the 70’s I recall some supplements being sold with the claim that they would help facial hair grow in thicker and faster. The main ingredient being Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5). I have no idea if that helped or not.

Some guys take until way past 21 to grow a beard. It’s common for beard growth to take until the mid twenties. Don’t loose hope until after 30, because by then unless you’re hormone deficient, you will have your beard if it’s going to grow, you’ll also have to deal with the ear, and nose hair. grrrr. :mad:

I’m 28 now, and my beard grows thicker and faster than it did a few years ago. Unfortunately my new thick beard brought a higher forehead and more pronounced widow’s peak along with it. In a couple of decades I’ll look like I put my head on upside-down.