What happened to the thread in GD discussing atheists' explanation of creation?

There was a thread discussing this and now it is not there. I even did a search through my user name to track it by my posts and nothing shows up.

WTF?

WAG: A sock started it, and it was disappeared by the powers that be as a result.

Yep. Feel free to start a new one on the same topic.

There were three rather similar sounding guests, all of whom appear to have disappeared along with their threads. My guess is that it was one guy who signed up under multiple socks, in an attempt to provide “supporting opinions” for his own threads. Given that he was apparently a Christian Dominionist ( ie, outlaw everything but fundie Christianity, execute the abortionists, outlaw evolution, etc ) my guess is that he was trying to pull a one man crusade against the heathens.

But why not just close it. There was interesting discussion happening and some informative posts by JR Thunder (I think that’s right. Is there any way to view at least his posts?

Thanks for the explanation. But at least it was around long enough for you to be straightened out on causeless events and QM. Though I am not optimistic.

How about this: I’ll copy the latter portion of the thread (where it started to get interesting) over to a new thread and stick it in the Pit. If a GD mod wants to take ownership of it, they are welcome to move it. Otherwise, it can stay here and you can all call each other douchebags while you argue about quantum mechanics.

Sound good?

It’s done. I couldn’t figure out how to insert a post as the new OP, so I ended up locking the thread to avoid confusion. Anyone wanting to continue that discussion will have to start a new thread and link to that one.

Sounds good to me. I was rather enjoying that thread- it’s a shame it was ruined by sockery.

By the way, you might be a quantum douchebag.

You can still edit existing posts, right? May I suggest that you put a small note on Terrifel’s post to explain the situation? Even just something like “Mod Note: see the last post in this thread for context” would make it quite a bit less confusing to new readers.

Excellent. Thanks for going through the trouble of figuring out the best way of doing it and then, well, doing it.

Thanks, that’s a good idea. I’ve gone ahead and done just that.