I'm getting married

In November.

To a girl (I’m a guy) <------- Just needed to be completely up front on this here board, ya know?

Her name is Slartibartfas… I mean, Marnie. She’s the light of my life and I bring her joy (according to her), so marriage seems appropriate. Thanks for all of your support and encouragement thru the years, Dopers. Most of youse is good people.

So, my posting will likely be a bit on the light side for a while, what with all these plans. I’ve got a wedding to plan, a war to start, a murder to commit…

Congratulations. You’ll be getting a clue really soon. :smiley: Just kidding. Many happy years to you.

I hope she knows to use small words so that you’ll be sure to understand, you warthog-faced buffoon.
Oh, and congratulations!

Congratulations! May you bring joy to the world–wait. A murder to commit? A war to start? Hang on a moment.

:: mumble mutter confer confer ::

Okay, we can wish you joy as long as the murders and wars are metaphorical, and involve such things as Battling Loneliness, Declaring Victory over Ignorance, Providing Support for Family and Children, Eliminating Hatred and Prejudice, etc. Otherwise, we’ll have to put you on the Watch List. And you wouldn’t want that. The cats really like to play with their food.

Seriously, congratulations, good luck, and may your marriage be the worst day of the rest of your lives! :slight_smile:

And post pics!

Yeah, who’s gonna die?

Wishing you both joy and happiness in your life together. :slight_smile:

Hey, congratulations!

Her libido.

Congrats, anyway!

:smiley:

Huzzah!

INCONCEIVABLE!

Get some rest. If you haven’t got your health, then you haven’t got anything.

Congratulations! toasts with champagne

May you always have the answer to “Did you leave the toilet seat up?”, “Honey, does this make my bum look fat?”, and “Have you seen the remote?”

Yeah, I’m only mostly dead.

[Kirk in ST:TWOK] HAL BRISTON!!! [/KiST:TWOK] :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks, everyone. I’ll try to be good. And bad.

Congrats!

scratches another DoperCrush off the list of theoretically possibles … sigh …

What the hell do you mean your posting will be less because you have a wedding to plan?

Aren’t you going to let us help you plan it?

Congratulations!

May heaven’s finest blessings shower down upon you!

When you’re bad, you’re better. :stuck_out_tongue: Congrats! :slight_smile:

And here I thought no woman could tame him…

Does Marnie know she’s getting married?

I mean, I assume she’s considered the notion, but it would still be a good idea to give her warning before the day itself arrives, you know.

Congratulations!

Which one of you gets to wear the dress?

This is wonderful news! Congratulations. :slight_smile:

Congratulations!!