I fancy a great big faggot

Several, actually. Huge ones.
Saw them at the deli counter in a local shop. Couldn’t resist. Might have them tonight, with mashed potato and loads of gravy.

Yes, I did only make this thread for the sake of the childish title - but be honest, would you not have done the same?

OK, I know faggot can mean “cigarette” or “bundle of sticks” or really anything tied up in a bundle. And, of course, the more common meaning that we all know & love.

But I’m not aware of anything foodish called a faggot. Enlighten me, please.

I’ve never actually tasted one, are they nice?

Psst Athena, cigarettes are fags. Not faggots.

In British English, a cigarette is a “fag”, not a “faggot”.

And I don’t think I’ve ever had a faggot in the culinary sense, though I wouldn’t mind trying one.

Meatball.

They’re like large pork meatballs, including liver & heart, baked. Here’s mine: http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3/owainsutton/DSC00383-1.jpg

I used to like the faggots at Ye Olde King’s Head. Unfortunately they disapeared from the menu years ago. (Not that I’m able to go there from up here anyway.) Mmmmm… Filtration units!

Did you run into the Doody family whilst purchasing the faggots?

(Swiped shamelessly from a previous thread on the topic.)

I once went to the shops and proclaimed I was searching for a kosher faggot. A number of Davids gave me their phone number.

Beyond “nice”. Superb! But I do wish they were called… something else.

They’re fantastic, but might be a bit too offally for some people (although actually, I think they just taste meaty and rich).

After eating all those faggots, was there spotted dick?

I used to have them all the time but it’s been years. That’s what you get for marrying a vege.

You have got to have gravy with them.

They’re possibly the only thing the fake-meat people haven’t simulated.

Or toad in the hole?

Doesn’t look like you can buy Mr. Brain’s Faggots anymore. Thankfully you can still read Eve’s faggot thread, though.

I miss Eve.

I swear, upon reading this, I actually heard a rimshot.

I was in the crowded pub (the pub part, not the restaurant) and ordered the faggots and peas. Apparrently the waitress forgot where I was, as she shouted out above the din ‘FAGGOTS?’ I raised my hand and said, ‘Here!’ And then it occured to me how that probably sounded in Southern California.

“Mr Brain’s Faggots” ??

Who wants to help me make the movie?
(I, personally, would rather have bangers with my mashed potatoes and loads of gravy. Schaller & Weber, the German deli up on 86th and Second on Manhattan’s Upper East Side, sells a remarkably good banger for a German deli.)

I need to find a place to buy bangers up here. Santa Monica is a little too far to drive now. I did get some from Uli’s at Pike Place Market, but they put too much sage (I think) in them. They don’t taste quite right. (Of course now that I have a meat grinder and sausage-making accessories are available, perhaps someone could post a recipe. :wink: )

For some reason, this quote keeps popping into my head while reading this thread:

Host: “You are the most popular fruit in America. What are you?”
Bruce Vilanch: “Humble.”