Mythbuster PoaT episode (open spoilers in OP)

I did a quick search and didn’t see a thread on this. Anyone catch the episode last week? What did you think? I won’t post a link here, but on Mythbuster’s message board it’s into the 146th page at this point with a lot of people unconvinced by their testing of the myth.

Do you think their test was valid? Was it testing the heart of the myth? Some people are saying that the myth is that the treadmill goes fast enough to keep the plane stationary…but I don’t think that is going to happen as the wheels are free spinning so there is very little drag on them.

I thought the small scale test was pretty definitive, but I wasn’t so sure about the large scale test. I think it was just the camera angles that were bad. I would have liked to see the plane near some kind of fixed reference point so you could really see what was going on. I though it was interesting that the pilot they chose thought the myth would work and the plane would just sit there…and interesting that he was really surprised when it didn’t.

Anyway…thoughts? I don’t want to rehash the whole Plane on a Treadmill thingy here…it’s been done already. Just want to talk about the episode and whether or not what they did was convincing.

-XT

Over here

Here you go:

Ah, missed it. :smack: Mods can close this one…thanks.

-XT