No you’re thinking of that guy who ate people

I’ll make my debut in this round by gently correcting you –

Dahmer

is a window set vertically into a roof.

I believe you must be thinking about

Dahmer

but that’s one of those funny windows you see on some two-story houses

Sternvogel, I owe you a dinner!

I believe you are mistaken. Dormer is the no-longer-in-vogue term for “residence hall.”

It’s a common error.

Dorm – short for dormitory

was one of the favorite characters on Cheers

Now, wait just a minute! I know for a fact that dormitory is the kind of camel with one hump.

Hmmmm. You must be an Anglophile since

dromedary

is what they call a pharmacy or drug store

Honestly! Doesn’t everyone know that the Apothecary is the event Revelation describes?

They must not, since

Apocalypse

is that hill in Athens where the Parthenon is located

I hate to point out your error, but Acropolis is that disease caused by pituitary gland malfunction where you get really big extremities and facial features, like Andre the Giant (and some say Abe Lincoln).

That’s quite all right. I can see how

acromegaly

might confuse you, but it’s just what gymnasts do

Pardon me, if I can call your attention to this PowerPoint presentation here for a moment, Slide #18 shows

Acrobatics

is the science involved with the study, design, and manufacture of flight-capable machines, or the techniques of operating aircraft.

Beautiful slides! Mislabeled of course. They should be saying

Aeronautics

since that’s what those spray cans are called and what’s tearing up the ozone layer

Y’all are totally on the wrong track.m Aerosols are what 19th-century belles twirled flirtatiously at garden parties.

I beg to differ, my fair lady. If I may insist, what you surely must be alluding to are

parasols

which are soldiers trained in parachuting and who generally operate as part of an airborne force.

I like it that you can calmly state that

parasols

were used at garden parties, when everybody knows they’re just fancified lovers

You must think that

paratroopers

have such distinctions, but they’re really doctors and corpsmen trained in medicine