Cat tree with removable, washable covers?

Who sells cat trees or cat towers having a washable construction, with a frame that handles being wet, and with covers that are removable and machine washable?

Web searches turn up a zillion places that sell cat trees and also washable bedding, and a few sites that recommend that when you buy a cat tree you buy one with removable washable covers, but so far only one place that sells such a thing, at www.naughtypaws.net. Does anybody know about this particular brand? It’s not clear how the covers come off, or whether they are washable in a home washing machine.

A very nice design would have a frame made of PVC pipe and fittings and plates, like some outdoor furniture is made, and would have covers that lace on and can be run through a home washing machine and dryer. Does anybody make such a thing?

The frame would not be too hard to make, but the covers would have to be made by an upholstrymaker or somebody else with the ability to sew complicated geometries in heavy materials, right?

I built the cat tree my cats use out of lumber, plywood and remnant carpeting. If I ever want to clean it, I will just fire up the carpet cleaner and use the upholstery attachment. I haven’t had to clean it yet but it’s been vacuumed a couple of times.

Web searches turn up a zillion places that sell cat trees and also washable bedding, and a few sites that recommend that when you buy a cat tree you buy one with removable washable covers, but so far only one place that sells such a thing, at www.naughtypaws.net. Does anybody know about this particular brand? It’s not clear how the covers come off, or whether they are washable in a home washing machine.

I have a Naughty Paws cat scratching post. I have had it for about 3 years. My 7 cats just love it! It has held up very well and is easy to wash. And yes, you can wash it in the washing machine! It can also be dried in the dryer. :wink:

A very nice design would have a frame made of PVC pipe and fittings and plates, like some outdoor furniture is made, and would have covers that lace on and can be run through a home washing machine and dryer. Does anybody make such a thing?

Naughty Paws has a PVC pipe for the main post. The rest of the construction is molded plastic and the carpet is held on to the post by high quality velcro.

>Naughty Paws has a PVC pipe …

Thank you, DanielleV. If I had been able to tell this from their web site I might have placed a big order already.

As it turns out, Sunday I took apart the bottoms of our two biggest cat trees. The problem, you see, is that they like the cat trees, which means they back up to the tree and say “Mine” in that special way cats have. They spray it, in other words.

But the little dears can only get so much elevation, so it’s really only an issue for the bottom of the tree.

I ordered two sheets of solid gray PVC plastic, two feet square and 3/8" thick, and when they get here I’ll replace the plywood bases. I’ll also put PVC pipe around the upright posts for the bottom couple of feet. That will make the bottoms of the trees completely peeproof.

But I might try ordering one of the NaughtyPaws things, too.

You might eliminate this problem if you had a separate cat tree for each of them.

>You might eliminate this problem if you had a separate cat tree for each of them.

That would definitely fix it. With 11 large cat trees in my house, I’d be living someplace else, and the cats could decorate to their heart’s content.

But, how do you enforce this? Don’t the cats further up the pecking order take multiple trees? Like humans would?

I don’t think that would work. Cats are like 2 year olds and when they see someone else playing with their toy they will want it and they will decide that everything is their toy. I think the trick is to have enough trees with enough levels that more than one can be on a tree at a time. There might be a little scuffling but hopefully they will work it out.

Aren’t they fixed? I thought altered cats didn’t spray?