This is why I want to go home early today

Real life email conversation:

======
To: Locator Database Guy
Subject: Map Correction: Room

I cannot find Feynman in the conference room locator.

======
To: Karen
Subject: Re: Map Correction: Room

Are you sure Feynman is an employee here? I have checked in the employee database and there is no Feynman.

======

Feynman is a conference room in Building 18. I was using the conference room locator, not the employee locator.

======

Well, you’ve answered your own question: to locate conference rooms, you need to use the confrence room locator.

:rolleyes:

Gah.

Cool that you have a conference room named Feynman, though. What are the others called?

In Building 18, they are mostly named after famous scientists: Faraday, Aristotle, Hawking, Newton, Shockley.

No Behe?

Send this just to freak him out.

Surely he’s joking!

twitch twitch

I’m getting that crap with my father, but he’s got an excuse. Why don’t you ask Locater Database Guy if he’s been tested for Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus lately? It sure looks like the symptoms I’m familiar with. :wink:

I feel your pain, but methinks you were just being too “subtle” for poor literal-minded Database Location Guy. What if you tried:

“I attempted to locate the Feynman Conference Room, which is a conference room in Building 18, in the conference room locater, but it didn’t show up. There must be a glitch in the conference room locater. Can you fix it, please?”

Of course, he’ll probably just reply by saying, “Why were you looking it up if you know where it is?” :stuck_out_tongue:

“Morons. I’ve got morons on my team.”

Awww, maybe he’s just having a bad day. I was left in charge of my store for a week about a month back, and my rep sent me this email:

I wrote back:

:smack:

And, I CC’d the damn thing to our regional manager (who was on the original CC list, but now he gets to see my moronic response). :smack: :smack:

I chalked it up to lack of coffee and my rep brought me a latte. :smiley:

Where I worked the conference rooms were named after barbeque restaurants. Rendezvous and Interstate were a bit confusing if you weren’t in the know but the latest one was Three Little Pigs.

Adhemar

You wrote “Feynman”, but perhaps you meant “Fenneman”? Do you love Groucho as much as I do? Maybe we should get together!

I’ve had worse conversations with tech guys. No kidding.

Some really, really good IT types are so technical-minded that they’re basically retarded in all other manners of thinking.

Five years ago, when I went to work for D-Link Systems in Irvine, the conference rooms in the building were named after Southern California ski resorts (Arrowhead, Mammoth, Big Bear). When the company moved headquarters to Fountain Valley about six months later, the conference rooms in the new building had THE EXACT SAME NAMES!

How the hell did they manage that, I wonder?

Yesterday, someone called me to come fix the copier. (I ordered it, so I know all about servicing it, right?) I went over and found that the finisher component was separated from the rest of the machine by about a foot. I pushed it back together and ta da! Fixed!

About two minutes later, the same person came after me again. “The copier won’t work!” I go look at it and the display screen says it is out of paper. :smack:

Someone else sent me an email because I can forward it on to the whole group. The email says she needs everyone’s schedule. I change the title of the email to make it clear that she needs everyone’s schedule. Naturally, everyone has sent their schedule to me.

Now you mess with his mind. . .

======

Ok, I checked the employee database and found Feynman. Thanks so much.

:smiley: I’d go with this.

Daniel

Feynman not here man.

Around here our conference rooms are named after local high school mascots.

They rejected my suggestion to call them Amityville, Bates, etc.