The best thing that ever happened to movies?

I vote Nazis.

They are the easiest shorthand for Irredeemable Bad Guy; the lazy screenwriter’s best friend. They have very theatrical uniforms. They talk funny, and walk even funnier.

As every director from Paul Verhoeven to Steven Spielberg knows, adding Nazis or Nazi imagery to a movie is kind of like adjusting the contrast up a notch; good looks better and bad becomes worse. Plus, you can use them as everything from comic relief (cf. Raiders) to a Maguffin (cf. Schindler’s List). Also, as Mel Brooks knows, all you have to do prove your non-PC credentials is drop a Nazi into the mix.

So I say that Nazis are the single best thing that ever happened to movies.

Nazis are a good choice, but I don’t know if they surpass gratuitious nudity or Robert Shaw as Quint in Jaws.

Zombies! Half the cheesy B-movies in existence owe their soul to George Romero.

You have a point. Howbout . . . gratuitously nude Nazis? I say that would trump even Quint.

Depends on your Nazis. Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS? Yeah, I could see it. Toht from Raiders of the Lost Ark? No way.

I once referred to Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS as the greatest movie ever made. I think I may have been correct, if only on a technicality. Someone should remake it with zombies.

Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS Vs. Zombie Quint…hmmmmmm…Know any good agents?

I’m assuming Ilsa will be riding a dinosaur, otherwise the premise is ridiculous.

I mean a cybernetic dinosaur of course.

Will Zombie Quint still want to compare scars?

A cybernetic dinosaur voiced by none other than Samuel J. Jackson.

I’ll see you and raise you some gratuitously nude Nazi zombies!

I’ll take zombie Quint if I don’t have to look at gratuitously nude Quint.

Gratuitously nude Nazi zombies with lightsabers!

How about Nazi Quint?

That’s just so full of win.

It’s actually not a terrible movie either.

Kung Fu is up there somewhere.

Yes, right before he swims off into the ocean around the site of the Indiana wreck and proceeds to kill 34 sharks. With Kung Fu.

You know, IIRC, Quint was pretty much bisected when he died. Would a disassembled corpse be able to re-integrate itself sufficiently to walk forth as a zombie?

Um, have you never heard of duct tape? Sheesh.