Red shirt turned my whites pink!

I’m stupid. In doing some wash the other night, I committed the sin of washing a boys red t-shirt with some white t-shirts. I know, I know…

The really bad thing was, unknowst to me, the red shirt was new and had not been washed. So, now I have 4 pink t-shirts.

Question: What method have you found most effective in turning them white again?

Gone until this evening.

Bleach might work. There’s also a product called “Dye Remover” in the laundry aisle.

You could always sell them to the Arizona penitentiary system.

I though this was a thread about Der Trihs and how he was making you shit blood or something.

I did this a few years ago. There is a product in the laundry aisle that worked for me (but I can’t recall the name.) It is made by the same people who make dye. (Rit?)

Another one?

To the OP, perhaps the easiest (if not the cheapest) way…

discard the 4 pink T-shirts,

buy 4 white T-shirts.

I’ve tried bleach. It helps, but it’s never “white” white again. If it’s underwear or socks, I muddle through. But when it’s a good blouse…DAMN IT! I HATE when that happens!

Yeah, I’ve tried that dye remover when I sent a load of whites blue, but it just sort of made them a faded grey which I ended up chucking anyway, sorry to sound hopeless.

Just buy a darker color and dye them again. For the price of a box of Rit dye and a bucket of water, you could have four dark-blue t-shirts.

If I had done something as dumb I would not have told the world. That will not get your clothes back to their original colour of course.

Whatever you do, don’t wear the pink shirts! This is what got Homer Simpson sent to a mental institution.

This is one of the reasons I always, always, always wash my new clothes before wearing them.

I think that I’d try dying the shirts orange or red, or using them as tie-dye projects.

Just wear 'em and say you’re supporting Breast Cancer research. :smiley:

Or dye them other colours - they’re not getting back to white.

Kill him.

Obligatory Crystal Gayle reference.

I’ll vote for bleach first, and if that doesn’t work, then either dye them or make them play/jammie shirts.

If it’s any consolation, red-shirts never survive for long.

I swear I do this at least once a year and I don’t get how I manage this. It’s good to know that Moderators are not perfect.

Yeah, I always do. Except this time was an emergency wash and my kid was asleep and I didn’t want to wake him to ask.

Thx for all the answers.

Nice.