Tell us why you are the (third) greatest Doper of them all.

(Suggested by this thread.)

Why third-greatest?

Well, the greatest of all Dopers is, of course, Sampiro. All must bow before his grand storytelling skills. When he left us briefly for a time, there was weeping, gnashing of teeth, and at least one attempted suicide-by-hamster.

Modesty forbids me from specifying who the second-greatest Doper is. Surely it is enough to say that fabulous poster is perfectly willing – nay, eager – to not only unleash hordes of genetically engineered, winged, flame-breathing, etc. howler monkeys in defense of the Dope and its citizens, but to, as need be, stride into the field of battle himself, no matter how many infinitives he must split in the process. If you knew how many battles he has fought to protect us all from the depredeations of Morgoth and his Balrogs, you would all offer him your first-born children, or at least some sort of omelet.

But among us sits a third. Not as clever as Sampiro, perhaps, nor as valiant as the unnamed creature, but still awesome in his or her general rockingness.

Is that you? Tell us why.

Because I replied here first?

The third-greatest Doper of them all would not need to ASK if his/her reasoning was acceptable. Try again.

I make a mean omelet. Also, I helped turn the SDMB into the legal world’s leading resource on Zombie Property Law. This is information you may well need if you decide to recruit the undead into your ranks, m’lord Rhymer.

Kim counts as a Doper, doesn’t she? So aren’t you really looking for a fourth?

Third or fourth greatest Doper- it sure as hell ain’t me!

Eve & Polycarp are definitely in the top ten. I’m sure of that. And I totally concur about Sampiro.

Is Rue DeDay around any more?

I would say I’m third because I try harder, but that would be a lie. I don’t try hard for any reason – if my relaxed attempt isn’t enough then it’s not worth struggling over.

The reality is I’m third best because so many of the rest of you are such incredible losers. But I’m far too polite to say so.

If the Greatest Doper was judged on consistent wit and general handsomeness, the 1st and 2nd Dopers would be languishing in 2nd and 3rd, but as it stands, I think I easily grab that vacant 3rd spot. :p:D:cool:

You & **Mr. Excellent **seem to be implying that I ranked myself second. That is puzzling, as I was clearly talking about that sick bastard Fabulous Creature, not me. :smiley:

It’s ok, you can admit the 2nd greatest you hesitate to name is me. I don’t require such modesty on my behalf.

I take partial responsibility for the creation of the Games forum. And I have a nice hat.

Me … 'cause there are few things sweeter than a Doper with a cherry on top.

<pauses while everyone gags>

:rolleyes: :stuck_out_tongue:

The only rule to being a great Doper: Never tell others why you’re so great.
That being said, I’m simply the greatest because I break all the rules.

Well duh. Because I’m me

:smack:

I utterly forgot about you, babe.

Okay, we are officially looking for the FOURTH greatest doper, on account of our resident’s Thunderkitten’s verve.

I’m not sure about third or fourth greatest doper, but I’m positive I at least rank in the top 500. :smiley:

I’ve got a pretty sweet username. And I look like Brad Pitt.

I, uh… well there’s the, uh… no… I have… there’s… yeah, I got nothin’.

I created a SD meme, albeit one that survives off of my foolishness and perverseness.

Still, I’m not worthy to be 3rd best. I am looking for a master to train with, and then, maybe one day I can ascend to that title.

It’s me because I brought pie.

Simple…because you know it to be so.