Why Does Fried Food Make Me Run to the Can?

I don’t know the deal is but I don’t eat fried food very often. And I when I do about 15 to 30 minutes later I am on the way to the can. With cramping and alot of crap(sorry) then after about 10 minutes on the toilet I’m ok.

Needless to say I don’t eat fried food very much. But what I was wondering with me not eating it(very often) is the reason that when I do eat it it messes with my stomach. Anyway, any insight on this. Do you think there is something wrong with my stomach like an ulcer? Somebody said I might have a spastic colon. Can I give my colon Ridilin? :smiley:

BTW this also happens when I eat spicey food like cajun style.

Thanks.

I don’t know about the spicy food-but the FRIED food-it’s simple-grease. It does that to my mom and my sister too…and spicy food gives both of them heartburn.

Greasy foods can do that to alot of people-I cannot eat that skin on, battered fried chicken legs from delis. I end up spending the night in the bathroom.

Guinastasia has the right idea. Remember also that, depending on the place, the grease/fryers are likely used for other foods as well. I do not know of many places that keep seperate fryers:, i.e. one for chicken wings, one for onion rings, one for french fries, one for battered mushrooms, etc. [Though our neighborhood deli kept a seperate fryer strictly for frying fish.] The spices and oils from one food remain in the grease and can end up in your food. (I have a severe allergy to onions. I can tell when somethings been fried in the same grease as onions.)

One other idea: you may want to check into the possibility of a gall bladder problem. I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but I remember my mother, aunt and grandmother would each have the same problems as you describe shortly after eating greasy and/or spicy foods. Turned out they all had (and likely I will also have) gall bladder problems severe enough to necessitate removal of the gall bladder. You may want to get that checked out, if not only for your health, but to remove [sub]so to speak[/sub] that possibility.

Trust me, I know what you’re going through. ::sigh:: I’ve had to give up KFC Extra Crispy and now only go into Long John Silvers’ for a soda and the Holiday plates for my collection.

I have had a couple of friends with gall-bladder problems too.
Both were put on low fat diets and were unable to drink milk .

Get it checked out, it is probably nothing more than either an allergy or being unused to it(happened to me when I was on a low fat diet briefly) but at least you will know how to dealwith it.

Thanks for the info guys. I am glad to see I am not the only one that can’t eat Long John Silvers anymore.

I recommend talking this over with a dr. It doesn’t sound like an ulcer, but if it was they have cures for them nowadays. :slight_smile: I have to agree that it does sound like a food allergy or intolerance.

I do know that when I eat greasy or oily foods (like pizza with pepperoni and extra cheese), I tend to get diarrhea. Which is ANOTHER reason why I’ve put myself on a restricted-saturated-fat-intake diet.

I seem to remember a long-ago thread about the warnings on packages of potato chips made w/ olestra, e.g “involuntary discharge”, etc. A lot of people made the point that high fat/oil intake can really, um, speed up the process. Guess it makes sense, considering cod liver oil and such for constipation.

The tip to have your doc check you out sounds sensible. Even if it isn’t gall bladder, something is causing this. Might as well figure out what.

Good luck!
Veb