short-lived sitcoms

Does anyone remember a (very) short-lived sitcom that starred Dweezl and MoonUnit Zappa? I’m not sure if it was the late '60’s or early '70’s—all I can remember is that they did play brother and sister on the show–that or I dreamt up the whole show—

Moonunit was born in 1967 and Dweezil in 1969, so they’d have been very young…

Here’s her filmography:

They were born in 67 and 69 and neither of them appear in IMDB’s list until the mid 80’s.

IMDB lists “Normal Life” as having both of them in it.

Too late.

And here it is!

Wow, I’m usually pretty good at short-lived shows, but I don’t remember this one.

Apparently they played siblings in a short-lived series called Normal Life in 1990. Could that be what you’re thinking of?

And yeah, I know it’s already been posted, but I did all that work, damn it!

Eisenhower and Lutz- a comedy about a small Florida (?) law practice. It’s of note to me because it had a young actor named Leo Geter that I knew from Hanover College.

Woody deserves his success, but I wish Leo & Clint Allen also had broken out.

Thank you all for answering my question–geez:1990’ eh? Time sure does fly, etc. Thanks again…

You mention Eisenhower and Lutz, but not the two main stars who later broke into long-lasting television fame?

Scott Bakula and Patricia Richardson.

I remember another short-lived series which produced nine episodes, but only had four aired. Working Stiffs priemered in 1979 and starred Jim Belushi and Michael Keaton as brothers who owned a janitorial service. It was sort of a male equivalent of Laverne and Shirley. Paul Reubens appeared in a couple of episodes, playing a Pee Wee Herman-type of character called Heimlich.

All three of Harriet Sansom Harris’s (best known probably as Frasier’s agent Bebe Glaser) turns as a semi-main character were short-lived: The Five Mrs. Buchanans, Union Square and It’s All Relative.

Anybody ever see Cupid with Jeremy Piven? Only lasted 15 episodes but I kinda liked it. Junk food for the brain. And Lisa Loeb was in it.
I just found out on IMDB that they’re remaking it.

This is the second thread today that I have a chance to mention Best of the West.

I haven’t mentioned it in decades, and I’ll probably never get another chance to mention it twice in one day.

Yes, with Bobby Cannavale! I’ve been basically sitting here since finding out, with my palms doing the ‘weighing scales’ thing, thinking, “Jeremy Piven? Bobby Cannavale? Jeremy Piven? Bobby Cannavale? Jeremy Piven? Bobby Cannavale?”

The High Life.

And because I have a thing for strange britcoms, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme.

Considering it was created by Mel Brooks, you’d think there be more than this one brief clip online for When Things Were Rotten

Great show! Remember Quark?

A few years back, there was a show about a guy that went back in time to relive his junior high days, but he could change things for the better and not become such a loser this time around. It was called Do Over, and lasted maybe 6 episodes. About all I remember is him trying to convince his father to buy stock in Intel, but his father insisted on investing in Betamax instead.

This is a thread to mention E/R. The first one with George Clooney.

And it’s worth mentioning The Tortellis, a three-episode show about Carla’s scuzzy ex-husband and his new wife, and the first spin-off of Cheers, years before the Frasier juggernaut.