Modifying doors to swing closed

I’ve noticed that in my house, my bedroom door naturally swings closed but other doors do not. I assume it’s do to the house being somewhat old and things settling in some way. I’m also guessing this isn’t the “standard”, but there’s another door in the house that sometimes gets accidently left open and I’d rather it naturally swung closed on it’s own. It there an easy way to modify the door so it does this? Maybe weighting it or remounting it slightly? I don’t want to install the kind of thing you see on screen doors though.

Hi

They make hinges that have a built in spring thingy that you can adjust from barely pushes the door sorta closed to closes the door hard enough that the latch mechanism will engage.

If you really need really strong closing force, you can put 2 or 3 of em on the door for more tim taylor power.

They look pretty much like a normal hinge, just heavy duty. I got one a Lowes last summer.

There are also spiral lift hinges that use the door’s own weight to achieve the same end.
They are actually intended to lift the door as it opens to prevent it from wearing the carpet but have the self-closing effect as a by product.

Doors usually “naturally” swing closed or open when the hinge side of the frame is slightly out of plumb. If the hinge side of the frame is tilted “into” the doorway, the door will naturally swing shut; if it’s tilted away from the doorway, it’ll naturally swing open. So you might be able to achieve the desired effect simply by putting a shim (start small, like a thin piece of cardboard) between the top door hinge and where it attaches to the door frame. If you do this, be sure that the door has some space between it and the floor when it’s closed; otherwise it’ll bind against the floor as it closes. Also, this technique probably won’t cause the door to latch on its own, just to rest against the frame.