Eating raw Pork Pancreas and Beef Liver

What’s the truth behind using raw Pork Pancreas and Beef Liver as a Cancer treatment?

As you’ve given it, it seems decidedly non-factual. You have no source, or citation. On the face of it, I’d expect the human digestion system to break down, as much as possible, the constituents of the organs into simple molecules, which would be the same molecules derived from any other protein source. I’d never heard of this particular therapy before, so you’ve just getting a knee-jerk responce, here.

I Am (sort of) A (very junior) Cancer Researcher. *

What’s the specific claim? I assume it’s that pancreas and/or liver, eaten raw, will somehow cure or prevent cancer? Ok, that’s a claim… but it’s about as useful as saying your powdered unicorn horn is a cure, unless you have a plausible mechanism or some sort of direct evidence.

Well, liver is stuffed full of nutrients, but nothing you can’t get elsewhere. I can’t imagine why anyone would want to eat spleen.

The problem with cures for cancer is that it isn’t a single disease. Rather, it’s caused by an astonishing variety of different mutations, which seem to occur in every possible combination, making each cancer unique. Claims about a broad cure for cancer rank slightly above claims for perpetual motion machines, and are a fertile source for the snake oil salesmen of the world.

• my lab does jack diddly squat with cancer itself… but we do study some genes with connection to cancer, and I’m in a cancer research department, so I talk to and hear talks from people that actually focus on cancer.

This site claims all cancers are a nutritional deficiency.

Douchebag quackery of the worst kind.

…the fuck?

OK, OK, you got us. It turns out that they’ll cure any and all cancers instantly and without side effects due to their magical glowy field of happiness and love. I, along with the rest of the biomedical industry, have been suppressing this knowledge because there’s more profit in treatment than in free cures. Shucks. I can’t believe it got out. Guess I’ll go look for a job in fast food.

Oh noes! I’m going to lose my humongous grant-funded salary! I can no longer cash in on the BILLIONS of dollars of research funding! I’ll no longer be able to make payments on my yachts!

… Wait a second. That McDonalds job pays pretty well, comparatively…

Maybe the trichinosis worm that you’re bound to get will eat the cancer for you. And your brain.

I think a shotgun wound to the medulla oblongata would solve the problem a lot quicker.

I was refering to Dr.Kelly, and now i am wondering what would happen if i eat the Pancreas, would the enzymes in it help me to digest my foot more efficient?
and what does Beef Liver contain in Vitamins and Minerals?

Pancreatic enzymes are proteins, and if you eat them your own digestive juices will break them down long before they have a chance to reach your bloodstream and will not aid your own digestion. Liver has some nutritional benefits, but nothing shown to treat cancer.

Two things about consuming supplements derived from animal organs or eating the raw organs themselves:

One (as noted) - raw meat can contain bacteria or parasites that can be harmful.

Two - there’s potential for prion-associated disease (i.e. “mad cow” disease) from organ supplements.

So, the benefits (particularly in regard to cancer treatment) have not been shown, but the downside is readily apparent.

Are you suffering from a vitamin or mineral deficiency? If you live in a developed country, the answer is almost certainly no. So don’t worry about it.

Maybe if you ate your foot first.

Just to give a specific example, the best known protein produced by the pancreas is insulin. When the pancreas doesn’t produce insulin, the result is diabetes. Insulin cannot be given orally to diabetics, because it would be digested: