Weaponizers on Discovery

I could have sworn I heard about this show here, but a search came up with nothing.

Its premise is exciting: it’s like BattleBots, except the robots are equipped with actual firearms. In the episode, the teams test their RC by having them shoot cars filled with explosives. Based on that, you’d think it was a solid program; I was really looking forward to it and was expecing a cast of geeks in the style of Grant from Mythbusters.

Unfortunately, the cast is composed of, simply, douchebags. Seriously, every time they open their mouths I expect to hear water spalshing. Brah accents, manly hugs to celebrate explosions, and a team member named “Cowboy” (who appears to be named after his douchey hat), and other such idiocies make me hope this show fails. It’s as if they were looking for people like those in this commercial.

The high point for me so far has been the narrator making one team member’s background in auto detailing sound like it has jack-shit to do with making their robot structurally sound.

I hate this cast.

So, anyone else watching? :stuck_out_tongue: