Biggest asshole in Congress

So what congresscritter do you think is most worthy of the title Richard Cranium?
My vote goes to Oklahoma Senator Jim Inhofe. Check out this story:

He’s refusing to meet with Sonia Sotomayer, saying he’s already decided to vote no on her.
In case you don’t remember he’s also the same dumb ass that said lesbianism is so rampant in high schools that girls can’t even go to the bathroom together anymore and that global warming was a hoax perpetrated by the Weather Channel.

Pretty sure that was Sen Tom Coburn (the other OK senator).

Agree that Inhofe is generally an idiot, but really, if he’s already decided how he’s going to vote on Sotomayor, I don’t really blame him for not bothering to go through the song-and-dance of meeting with her and wasting both their time.

This looks like a poll, not a debate.

Off to IMHO, (with connecting flights to the Pit.)

You’re right. I stand corrected. But I still think he’s a major asshole. Check out what he said about the 9/11 attacks:
https://www.cato.org/dailys/06-04-02.html
Fourth paragraph from the bottom.

Inhofe was the first name that came to my mind, but then I remembered Tom Tancredo. God, that guy is an asshole. Mmmm…Michele Bachman is probably more insane than assholish, yeah?

I’d say Roland Burris definitely merits an honorable mention.

No, he doesn’t.

Barbara Boxer, Dianne feinstein, Barney Frank, Chuck Schumer…

Barbara Boxer. Who knew that being addressed as ma’am could be disrespectful? Good thing she is focused on important things.

Biggest Asshole In Congress

This is a contest of epic proportions (no pun intended)

This is an institution that is awash in self serving asshats and the exception by far would be to find one who doesn’t fit that description

Why, because they’re Democrats?

She earned her title, and I don’t think it’s unreasonable to want to be addressed by it.

A popular misconception. Most politicians are not, in fact, sleazy windbags, though they are more likely to be so than the general populace.

Another politician who promises and promises, but can’t deliver. Sigh.

No, because they are asshats

She should work a little more on being gracious so she could also wear the Ma’am title

More likely a popular truism

In the military, ‘sir’ and ‘ma’am’ are the proper forms of address for people that outrank you.

Further, I didn’t see him throwing a tantrum when, after explaining how she ‘earned’ :dubious: her title, that she didn’t have the common courtesy to address him by his title that I am quite certain he worked far harder for than she did for hers.

So, she’s an ignorant, rude hypocrit with an inflated sense of her own importance. That sounds like a textbook asshole to me.

Tancredo is no longer in Congress.

Isn’t there some sort of link between how much of an asshole a congressman is, and how much he disagrees with you? :slight_smile: It seems like some people are being mentioned not so much for their personalities as for their views on issues.

I don’t know. It pretty much changes on a daily basis, depending on which asshole has most recently opened their mouth.

This week, Mrs. Boxer is definitely the champ.

The vast majority still qualify for me as I agree with very few of them…maybe even none.

Just noticed that despite the economy, they voted to increase their office budgets by 8%.

It USED to be Santorum, but he’s long gone. Same with Bob Dornan.

How about Joe Lieberman?

I think we can all get behind that.