Pets and nudity

My cousin’s son, who is in his 20s, claims that he won’t let his dog see him naked. This guy is not generally a prude, and we all just looked at him like he was from Mars. He can’t explain his feelings, and neither can anyone else. The dog’s gender is not an issue.

Anyone else feel this way?

No, but my pets refuse to let me see them naked.

The last time I was naked in front of my dog, I swear I was only making a peanut butter sandwich and spilled some peanut butter.

SSG Schwartz

Personally I don’t want the dog to see something they might decide is a chew toy. Other than that I don’t care.

Nudity and pets: Actually, weirdly enough, I might be a little shy about it at first, but I’d get used to it. I would feel the odd urge to apologize a bit, since I always kind of assume that they don’t find the naked human body very pleasant visually. That might have more to do with me finding my body ugly then anything else, really.

Same here. My cat likes to bat at things that move and are dangly. (Speaking of which, I should trim his claws today.)

Doesn’t bother me in the slightest. In fact, once in a blue moon I’ll hold our cat up against my naked chest just before I get in the shower (I’m allergic and wouldn’t do it unless I could immediately wash off any dander). Feels very soft and I like it; he doesn’t seem to mind too much.

It’s not as if my cat gets dressed for me.

My cats don’t like it when I’m naked, but I think that’s more because they don’t have anyplace to lay down when I’m unclothed.

Well, that and aesthetics.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my cats like little humans, but on the “self-conscious-around-them” scale, they are closer to furniture than to people.

They see me naked all the time. Beyond that, I will sometimes find occasion to pleasure myself on the bed in the afternoon. If I wake them up and kick them off first, they come to life wanting to snuggle and interfere. So I just let them be while I do my business.

Maybe it’s different with dogs.

What a funny thread. It doesn’t bother me being naked around my dog whatsoever.
ETA: No jokes about my username. (unless they’re really funny)

The dogs seem to have no reaction to any stage of undress at all. Maybe they interpret this as we aren’t going out of the house, because they react strongly to a suitcase being packed or a leash being picked up. I don’t mind them seeing my being naked…who are they going to tell? They certainly have no comments.
“Hey, Snix, did you notice Cyn seems to be putting on a few pounds?”
“Why no, Buddy, I think she looks great. You’re such a bitch.”"

I’m not 100% comfortable with my dog staring at me while I masturbate, but I don’t give a damn if she sees me naked.

Yes, the parts of your body that don’t see sunlight are very sensitive. When you hold a cat against your chest, it feels so soft.

Funny thing is, I’m as big a prude as you can get. But cats aren’t people they’re better and they don’t care what you’re wearing.

My cat watches me shower pretty much every day. I’m OK with that.

My dog sleeps in the bedroom with me. She is quite unimpressed with my nudity as she sleep right through it when I shower and dress. I literally have to drag her out the door for her morning whiz and whatever. On days I stay home, she will sleeps in until 10 o’clock on most days, and sometimes she doesn’t stir until noon. Lazy bitch.

Maybe she doesn’t want to be seen with you nude outside.

If you asked Freud he would probably say that he (subject of OP) is subconsciously afraid the dog will bite off his dick.

I have no authority to back this up.

:slight_smile:

But your pets are wearing fur coats and you’re wearing nothing. So obviously the real issue here is economics. You’re cat has a fur coat and you don’t so you feel economically inferior.

My cat use to detest having closed doors in the house. She had a real issue with a closed door she’d meow outside of it, then you’d open the door she’d stick her head in as if to say “OK nothing going on here,” and then leave. So you can bet if you got into the shower, BOOM the bathroom door flung open and there was the cat.

Burns & Allen Quote:

George) Oh stop crying so I won’t buy you a mink, the way you’re carrying on you’ll have people thinking I treat you like a dog.

Gracie) I wish, a dog HAS a fur coat.

I’ve never cared about being naked in front of dogs.

Well, maybe there’s the slightest edge of concern about a Dog Revolution suddenly breaking out without warning and there you are completely unprotected.

But other than that, nah.