The Straight Dope

Go Back   Straight Dope Message Board > Main > Mundane Pointless Stuff I Must Share (MPSIMS)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-16-2009, 04:03 AM
isthatdoodoo isthatdoodoo is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Does masterbation cause blindness?

I've been told this my entire life and while drunk i may have done it. It's been 2 days and iv'e been living in constant fear. I have not drove or left the house alone. How many times until you are blind and how long until you are blind?
Reply With Quote
Advertisements  
  #2  
Old 08-16-2009, 04:09 AM
bbs2k bbs2k is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
You can keep doing it until you get sore.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-16-2009, 04:09 AM
Argent Towers Argent Towers is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Masterbation does cause blindness. However, masturbation is completely safe. If you had just masturbated instead of masterbated, you'd be in the clear. Unfortunately, blindness is not the only symptom of masterbation; it also causes the softening of the brain tissue, artery blockage and intense physical agony over the course of several weeks, culminating in death (after which you will go to hell, because masterbation is a sin.)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-16-2009, 04:15 AM
jjimm jjimm is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
:. :: .: .
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-16-2009, 04:25 AM
Argent Towers Argent Towers is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Interesting fact: masterbation was outlawed by William the Silent in 1580. He decreed that "whosoever masterbates shall have his right hand burned off with a red-hot iron; his flesh should be torn from his bones with pincers in six different places; he should be quartered and disemboweled alive; his heart should be torn from his bosom and flung in his face, and finally, his head should be taken off."

Masturbation was tolerated and even encouraged, but the Dutch Calvinist interpretation of Leviticus viewed masterbation as being a mortal sin (as well as an affront to civil law.)

This view prevailed all the way into the early days of the United States under Dutch occupation, particularly in the territories of what is now New York, under the "patroon" system of land ownership. It's even said the death of Kilaen van Renselaar - which led to the Anti-Rent War of 1839 - was caused by masterbation.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-16-2009, 04:28 AM
isthatdoodoo isthatdoodoo is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Jiminey Crickets!! You seem like a scientist so whats the difference between a masterbater, a masturbater and a masterbaiter? nevermind, my son just told me puting q-tips in your ears makes you non of the above. Holy smokes that was close...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-16-2009, 04:32 AM
Argent Towers Argent Towers is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Returning to the OP:

Quote:
I've been told this my entire life and while drunk i may have done it.
You may have done it?

Could you elaborate on what you mean?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-16-2009, 04:33 AM
Jragon Jragon is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Miskatonic University
Posts: 8,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by isthatdoodoo View Post
Jiminey Crickets!! You seem like a scientist so whats the difference between a masterbater, a masturbater and a masterbaiter? nevermind, my son just told me puting q-tips in your ears makes you non of the above. Holy smokes that was close...
Well, masterbating involves a lamb shank, some blood, a red balloon filled with maple syrup and... hold on... *yells towards the stairs* Ma, do we still have the charts? No, the other ones!


And Masterbaiting... well *shudder* those poor squirrels.
Toke Jopic?

Last edited by Jragon; 08-16-2009 at 04:33 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-16-2009, 04:50 AM
willthekittensurvive? willthekittensurvive? is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Does masterbation cause blindness?

only if you do it wrong
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-16-2009, 04:51 AM
cromulent cromulent is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Just don't aim for your eyes and you should be ok.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-16-2009, 04:54 AM
Half Man Half Wit Half Man Half Wit is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
However, I've heard it said that unfortunately, the kitten won't survive.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-16-2009, 04:54 AM
Shagnasty Shagnasty is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 22,303
I always close my eyes at the end and go "ah, ah, yeah baby!" and can't see a god-damned thing so I guess it does cause blindness in a way but it is temporary.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-16-2009, 05:07 AM
isthatdoodoo isthatdoodoo is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent Towers View Post
Returning to the OP:



You may have done it?

Could you elaborate on what you mean?


Well it all started last Sunday... Being Sunday I stoping by the church. And when i say stoping by the church i literally mean "by the church," i stop at the Quik Mart near it to pick up my usual bottle of privleged hennesy and rufilin. Its a little out of the way but i promised my deceased mother i would stop by the church every week. While driving home i had a headache so i took so advil and washed it down with swig of heem, i thought nothing of it since i was just 45 minutes from my humble home of residence. but before i knew it i saw the all too familiar glare of what i beleive to be police sirens. not to be caught drinking and driving, killed the bottle and through it at my tailers. i had quite the lucky through as it caused a 4 car pile up. i quickly parked in my garage and got on facebook for an iron alibi. i thought nothing of the headache so i took it upon myself to call up an escort. upon his arival, and i was quite upset it was a him, became furious and caused a sceen. i regret i was not as polite as a gentleman should have been had was not sober and had reson to cause such a fuss as im sure you agree. in my rage i struck him once or twice and a long story short he left with mess of living room for me to clean up. it was rather late so after a clean up i hit the rack and when i woke up i realized that i had no advil and was a rufi i took the night before and was man who was one q-tip short. of course before being corrected earlier i was sure placing a q-tip in one's ear was masterbation and would not for the life of me account for that q-tip. so that was how i may have masterbated. a funny note, i still don't know what happend to my q-tip lol.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-16-2009, 05:18 AM
Princhester Princhester is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 11,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent Towers View Post
Interesting fact: masterbation was outlawed by William the Silent in 1580.
Phew, I'm in the clear, because he'd be dead by now, right?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-16-2009, 05:20 AM
Chez Guevara Chez Guevara is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent Towers View Post
Interesting fact: masterbation was outlawed by William the Silent in 1580. He decreed that "whosoever masterbates shall have his right hand burned off with a red-hot iron; his flesh should be torn from his bones with pincers in six different places; he should be quartered and disemboweled alive; his heart should be torn from his bosom and flung in his face, and finally, his head should be taken off."
On the other hand, no such decree was ever promulgated by Louis the Blind (c. 880 - 928).
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-16-2009, 05:21 AM
Jragon Jragon is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Miskatonic University
Posts: 8,745
Wait... you did WHAT!? Q-tips? Oh no... that means.

Gah!

Whaaaats... whaaaats happening to


FOOL!

The endless abyss await the residents of this commune. The Q-tips of retribution have been used for their chosen task, the ears of fate have been purged. You, nay, humanity must pay for your sins! One soul for every gram freed and one head for every fiber of the sacred Q-tip that was lost.

And you, you most of all, the instigator of this, you shall be witness to the consequences of your actions. You should have prayed for a swift demise when you came to understand your transgressions, but it is too late, eternal torment is your prize for your part in this Mwahahah
hahaha
hahahaha

Woah, sorry, passed out there for a second. Why are you all looking at me like that?

Last edited by Jragon; 08-16-2009 at 05:22 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-16-2009, 05:26 AM
Stan Shmenge Stan Shmenge is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
I wonder how these geniuses:

a) Find out about this board.

b) Think it would be a good idea to post.

c) Have the free time to complete the sign up procedure in between outings to the petting zoo with the other "Special Needs" patients.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-16-2009, 06:26 AM
Bosda Di'Chi of Tricor Bosda Di'Chi of Tricor is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Dogpatch/Middle TN.
Posts: 28,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent Towers View Post
. It's even said the death of Kilaen van Renselaar - which led to the Anti-Rent War of 1839 - was caused by masterbation.

You know, on any other Board, I'd assume this was jabber.

But here!?!

"The Anti-Rent War of 1839"?

Cite? Or gag?

I'll take the chance of a whoosh.
__________________
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity."
~~~William Butler Yeats
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-16-2009, 06:49 AM
billfish678 billfish678 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Just do it till you need glasses.

Why do you think everyone is wearing them by the time middle age hits?

I dont yet, so I guess I am still golden
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-16-2009, 06:55 AM
Stauderhorse Stauderhorse is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Now that's just silly.

Hey guys, did I ever show you my picture?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-16-2009, 06:58 AM
garygnu garygnu is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by isthatdoodoo View Post
Well it all started last Sunday... Being Sunday I stoping by the church. And when i say stoping by the church i literally mean "by the church," i stop at the Quik Mart near it to pick up my usual bottle of privleged hennesy and rufilin. Its a little out of the way but i promised my deceased mother i would stop by the church every week. While driving home i had a headache so i took so advil and washed it down with swig of heem, i thought nothing of it since i was just 45 minutes from my humble home of residence. but before i knew it i saw the all too familiar glare of what i beleive to be police sirens. not to be caught drinking and driving, killed the bottle and through it at my tailers. i had quite the lucky through as it caused a 4 car pile up. i quickly parked in my garage and got on facebook for an iron alibi. i thought nothing of the headache so i took it upon myself to call up an escort. upon his arival, and i was quite upset it was a him, became furious and caused a sceen. i regret i was not as polite as a gentleman should have been had was not sober and had reson to cause such a fuss as im sure you agree. in my rage i struck him once or twice and a long story short he left with mess of living room for me to clean up. it was rather late so after a clean up i hit the rack and when i woke up i realized that i had no advil and was a rufi i took the night before and was man who was one q-tip short. of course before being corrected earlier i was sure placing a q-tip in one's ear was masterbation and would not for the life of me account for that q-tip. so that was how i may have masterbated. a funny note, i still don't know what happend to my q-tip lol.
I like you.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-16-2009, 09:08 AM
Maastricht Maastricht is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Dutch in the Netherlands
Posts: 8,021
At the risk of being taken in:

isthatdoodoo, no, masturbation (jerking off, masturbation, whatever it is called) does not cause blindness. Or madness. Or anything bad. It only causes a feeling of relief, and allows you to take your mind a bit off sex for a while. You can do it safely up to 3 times a day. Any more, and your penis may get a little bit sore. If that happens, don't masturbate for a couple days and all will be well again. Masturbation goes better if you use a lubricant like non-scented massage-oil or (hand)cream or KY-jelly.

About 95 percent of all guys masturbates at least a couple times a month, and that includes all the men in your church. Married men masturbate. Teenagers masturbate. Even animals masturbate. About 60 % of women have ever masturbated till orgasm.

Now, stop worrying about masturbating. And don't ever drink and drive again, because that will lead to accidents which can hurt you, or someone else, badly.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-16-2009, 09:54 AM
Shagnasty Shagnasty is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 22,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by isthatdoodoo View Post
Well it all started last Sunday... Being Sunday I stoping by the church. And when i say stoping by the church i literally mean "by the church," i stop at the Quik Mart near it to pick up my usual bottle of privleged hennesy and rufilin. Its a little out of the way but i promised my deceased mother i would stop by the church every week. While driving home i had a headache so i took so advil and washed it down with swig of heem, i thought nothing of it since i was just 45 minutes from my humble home of residence. but before i knew it i saw the all too familiar glare of what i beleive to be police sirens. not to be caught drinking and driving, killed the bottle and through it at my tailers. i had quite the lucky through as it caused a 4 car pile up. i quickly parked in my garage and got on facebook for an iron alibi. i thought nothing of the headache so i took it upon myself to call up an escort. upon his arival, and i was quite upset it was a him, became furious and caused a sceen. i regret i was not as polite as a gentleman should have been had was not sober and had reson to cause such a fuss as im sure you agree. in my rage i struck him once or twice and a long story short he left with mess of living room for me to clean up. it was rather late so after a clean up i hit the rack and when i woke up i realized that i had no advil and was a rufi i took the night before and was man who was one q-tip short. of course before being corrected earlier i was sure placing a q-tip in one's ear was masterbation and would not for the life of me account for that q-tip. so that was how i may have masterbated. a funny note, i still don't know what happend to my q-tip lol.
You are my hero and should serve as a role-model to others.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-16-2009, 10:13 AM
nikonikosuru nikonikosuru is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
I don't know if it's the weather or what but summer definitely seems to bring out the most interesting of threads.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-16-2009, 10:21 AM
Malacandra Malacandra is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
i accidentally a whole packet of q tips
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-16-2009, 11:19 AM
Harmonious Discord Harmonious Discord is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
It can cause you to have a stroke and go blind. It can cause hypoglycemia from exercising and that can make you go blind over time.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-16-2009, 11:59 AM
KlondikeGeoff KlondikeGeoff is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonious Discord View Post
It can cause you to have a stroke and go blind. It can cause hypoglycemia from exercising and that can make you go blind over time.
It also will make you grow hair on the palms of your hands.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-16-2009, 12:12 PM
Fear Itself Fear Itself is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: 847 mi. from Cecil
Posts: 28,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by isthatdoodoo View Post
it was rather late so after a clean up i hit the rack and when i woke up i realized that i had no advil and was a rufi i took the night before and was man who was one q-tip short. of course before being corrected earlier i was sure placing a q-tip in one's ear was masterbation and would not for the life of me account for that q-tip.
Are you sure that was a q-tip you put in your ear?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-16-2009, 01:13 PM
Chessic Sense Chessic Sense is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Sometimes, when I'm feeling lonely, I look up some hookers on Craigslist. I find one I like- nice picture, hot post- and note her phone number and price. Then I start masturbating, and right at the end, I moan "Penny saved, penny earned, bitch!"

I've earned, like, $1500 this week. And it's only Sunday.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Heffalump and Roo Heffalump and Roo is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Itself View Post
Are you sure that was a q-tip you put in your ear?
As opposed to:

Are you sure that was your ear that you put the q-tip in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessic Sense View Post
Sometimes, when I'm feeling lonely, I look up some hookers on Craigslist. I find one I like- nice picture, hot post- and note her phone number and price. Then I start masturbating, and right at the end, I moan "Penny saved, penny earned, bitch!"

I've earned, like, $1500 this week. And it's only Sunday.
Wow, great money-making plan! That advice must be worth a fortune.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 08-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Diogenes the Cynic Diogenes the Cynic is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 58,797
You won't really go blind, but if you find yourself acquiring a taste for sushi and bizarre game shows, you should go to a doctor immediately.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-16-2009, 03:03 PM
eleanorigby eleanorigby is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malacandra View Post
i accidentally a whole packet of q tips
Oops--you'll need more than just a swig of heem for that.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-16-2009, 03:18 PM
wierdaaron wierdaaron is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
I realize this thread is a joke, but the false belief of yore that masturbation causes, well, anything is an utter failure of logic.

The reason masturbation works in the first place is that the body can't tell whether it's having real or simulated intercourse. That being the case, how could masturbation have one biological effect that god-fearing missionary position man-and-wife intercourse wouldn't have? If the goodie-bits could somehow detect ones own hand and activate some kind of blindness/hairy palms/acne defense mechanism, why wouldn't it just deactivate the orgasm reflex?

Surely you'd have to expect that if masturbation could actually cause blindness, via some kind of penile-ocular connection, there would have to be a significant risk of accidental blindness during pastor-approved sex.

Last edited by wierdaaron; 08-16-2009 at 03:20 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-16-2009, 03:55 PM
eleanorigby eleanorigby is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Whilst I cannot speak to the conclusions my learned colleague has posited here, I do feel the need to interject that there is indeed a penile-ocular connection. The end result may not be blindness, but it does exist....

Last edited by eleanorigby; 08-16-2009 at 03:55 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-16-2009, 04:52 PM
carnivorousplant carnivorousplant is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Central Arkansas
Posts: 41,018
Barkeep? I'll have what the OP is drinking.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-16-2009, 05:26 PM
Jragon Jragon is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Miskatonic University
Posts: 8,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by wierdaaron View Post
I realize this thread is a joke, but the false belief of yore that masturbation causes, well, anything is an utter failure of logic.

The reason masturbation works in the first place is that the body can't tell whether it's having real or simulated intercourse. That being the case, how could masturbation have one biological effect that god-fearing missionary position man-and-wife intercourse wouldn't have? If the goodie-bits could somehow detect ones own hand and activate some kind of blindness/hairy palms/acne defense mechanism, why wouldn't it just deactivate the orgasm reflex?

Surely you'd have to expect that if masturbation could actually cause blindness, via some kind of penile-ocular connection, there would have to be a significant risk of accidental blindness during pastor-approved sex.
I'm tellin' you man, it's that danged no-good Coriolis Effect again. Does strange things, that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malacandra View Post
i accidentally a whole packet of q tips
I don't quite understand WHAT did yo... waitwaitwait, you're not getting me, I've seen this movie before.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-16-2009, 05:36 PM
freckafree freckafree is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by billfish678 View Post
Just do it till you need glasses.

Why do you think everyone is wearing them by the time middle age hits?

I dont yet, so I guess I am still golden
I read this as, "Just do it until you fill a glass."

I think I need to get my glasses adjusted.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-16-2009, 06:09 PM
twickster twickster is online now
Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 38,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by billfish678 View Post
Just do it till you need glasses.

Why do you think everyone is wearing them by the time middle age hits?

I dont yet, so I guess I am still golden
Quote:
Originally Posted by freckafree View Post
I read this as, "Just do it until you fill a glass."

I think I need to get my glasses adjusted.
Q.E.D.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-16-2009, 06:22 PM
sjc sjc is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by wierdaaron View Post
I realize this thread is a joke, but the false belief of yore that masturbation causes, well, anything is an utter failure of logic.

The reason masturbation works in the first place is that the body can't tell whether it's having real or simulated intercourse. That being the case, how could masturbation have one biological effect that god-fearing missionary position man-and-wife intercourse wouldn't have? If the goodie-bits could somehow detect ones own hand and activate some kind of blindness/hairy palms/acne defense mechanism, why wouldn't it just deactivate the orgasm reflex?

Surely you'd have to expect that if masturbation could actually cause blindness, via some kind of penile-ocular connection, there would have to be a significant risk of accidental blindness during pastor-approved sex.
My take on it is that either one can cause you to go blind, but masturbation will usually make it happen more quickly because you can do it more often. Note that I don't actually believe this, but I think that many people who have problem with masturbation also consider sex a bit unwholesome too.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-16-2009, 07:05 PM
Mangetout Mangetout is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: England (where it rains)
Posts: 51,349
When you pushed the Q Tip in your ear, you should probably have stopped when you encountered resistance.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 08-16-2009, 07:06 PM
Shagnasty Shagnasty is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 22,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjc View Post
My take on it is that either one can cause you to go blind, but masturbation will usually make it happen more quickly because you can do it more often. Note that I don't actually believe this, but I think that many people who have problem with masturbation also consider sex a bit unwholesome too.
Syphilis can make you go blind so hanging out in Red Light districts may not be they best way to preserve your eyesight as a practical alternative to masturbation. Masturbation can definitely make you go blind in the sense that being dead doesn't allow you to see. Just ask the people that die every year from auto-erotic asphyxiation.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 08-16-2009, 08:13 PM
Fear Itself Fear Itself is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: 847 mi. from Cecil
Posts: 28,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangetout View Post
When you pushed the Q Tip in your ear, you should probably have stopped when you encountered resistance.
I don't think he ever did.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 08-16-2009, 08:26 PM
freckafree freckafree is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by twickster View Post
Q.E.D.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 08-16-2009, 08:42 PM
carnivorousplant carnivorousplant is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Central Arkansas
Posts: 41,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagnasty View Post
Just ask the people that die every year from auto-erotic asphyxiation.
Now, how is he going to ask them if they are dead?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 08-16-2009, 08:53 PM
wierdaaron wierdaaron is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
Now, how is he going to ask them if they are dead?
It's poor form to assume certain people can't communicate.

Just ask Helen Keller.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 08-16-2009, 09:08 PM
Typo Knig Typo Knig is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Authoritative answer in this post.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 08-16-2009, 09:10 PM
carnivorousplant carnivorousplant is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Central Arkansas
Posts: 41,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by wierdaaron View Post
It's poor form to assume certain people can't communicate.

Just ask Helen Keller.
Tacky, very tacky.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 08-16-2009, 09:23 PM
wierdaaron wierdaaron is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Sorry, I thought this thread was in the BBQ Pit because of the, err, everything.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 08-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Dallas Jones Dallas Jones is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
I am unable to read this thread.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 08-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Uncle Brother Walker Uncle Brother Walker is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
This is why ghosts are real... or at least I think they are.

Reply With Quote
Reply



Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@chicagoreader.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Publishers - interested in subscribing to the Straight Dope?
Write to: sdsubscriptions@chicagoreader.com.

Copyright 2013 Sun-Times Media, LLC.