"Meet the Super Cow" video - Grotesque yet fascinating

Meet the Super Cow

That’s, …disturbing. Looking for that barfy smilie again.

You gonna eat that?

Wow. I’d love to introduce that line to the family herd. Just Wow!

I wonder whether the cows produce milk at all? It looks like they must have high testosterone - or the bovine equivalent.

The reporter asks, “What is the technology behind this?” I would ask, “What is the point?”

I dunno – don’t most people prefer meat with a higher fat content?

Or is there a whole industry devoted to “show” cows – does their appearance alone make them especially marketable?

They should have them wearing little g-strings, like human bodybuilders.

They resemble bison…

Looks like the results of myostatin deficiency, which leads to largely uninhibited muscular growth. Here’s some more pictures of the condition in other species, including humans.

Little Hercules, from the link, was given steroids by his father. I believe the father had been charged with a crime for that.

Yeah, the narration alludes to that, but doesn’t use that actual phrase.

They look kind of muscly but they don’t seem huge to me. I guess I just think all cows are pretty big.

iSupercow al rescate!

From the Wikipedia entry:

Well, at least he’s in prison for something. What an a-hole. I guess people have done worse things to their kids, but it still doesn’t make it anything like okay.

The ad at the bottom of the page says, “Do you want a myostatin deficiency? Click yes or no”.

The last guy on the list… shudder …why would anyone do that to themself?

ETA: Holy cow!

Somebody please tell me that’s Photoshopped.

Yes, clearly Photoshopped.

It’s unsurprising how cagey the farmer is in the video in answering the question concerning the health of the animal,

By which he means suffers from macroglossia (tongue swelling causing nursing problems and cause premature death), congenital articular rigidity (affecting the calves ability to stand up), cardio-respiratory problems (causing calves to die in a couple of days), and most commonly dystocia (birthing complications) requiring a cesarean section c. 90% of the time, ‘causing a lot of suffering to the animals’ (Tavernier et al 2001). I’m not surprised people have voiced the need for a ban.

Not such a ‘super cow’ after all.

This isn’t really news; Belgian blues have been around for a long time. But it’s nonetheless a good thing for people to be aware of. The last bodybuilder on the list is clearly a photoshopped image which has been making the rounds of the internet for years as a joke; however there are indeed some bodybuilders who do have a downright bizarre appearance. Art Atwood comes to mind. Some men just do not have very good genes for professional bodybuilding (to have a proportional physique) but they do it anyway.

Far more upsetting than the lack of proportion in pro bodybuilding are the idiots who inject synthol, which is a kind of oil, into their muscles. This is not a steroid which helps the muscles grow, but merely oil which puffs up under the skin and makes a large bulge. It does not look like genuine muscular development at all; it instead resembles a gotire or elephentaisis. Here are some pictures of the aces that practice this “technique” :

Douchebag

Douchebag

Douchebags

I thought it was the opposite. Like, how people are often cutting the fatty part out of their steaks.

Is this Art Atwood a real person? Are those real muscles/veins/etc?

The douchebag links are just disgusting. Do you think those people suffer from some type of body dysmorphic disorder?

Sure, he’s not even that vascular for a bodybuilder. Try Rich Gaspari.

Dave Palumbo was definitely a contender for most vascular, but his physique really went to shit during his later career.