What celebrities have spoken out AGAINST Roman Polanski?

There’s Joy Behar, who was on CNN last night talking about how disgusted she was that so many celebrities were supporting him. There’s also Luc Besson, who, while he didn’t exactly say condemn the man, said that if he had a 13-year-old daughter who was raped, he’d want the perpetrator brought to justice.
Are there any others?

Does Kirstie Alley still count as a celebrity nowadays? She was ranting and raving about it all over her Twitter feed, though she finally moved on to other topics earlier today.

That’s all I got, though. Seems like it’s the unpopular stance to take in Hollywood at the moment.

BTW, I find it rather amusing that Woody Allen has chosen to speak up in support of Polanski. Given his own history, you’d think he’d have tried to stay out of this discussion altogether, no?

Are there any recent (if not from the past few days, since The Pianist) quotes from Anjelica Huston?

The statement she made at the time had a disturbingly “blame the victim” feel to it. Wondering if the passage of time has affected her perspective.

Neil Gaiman and Kevin Smith have both spoken out against Polanski.

Howard Stern used to rant about him quite a bit, back when he was on free radio.

I remember seeing Ed Harris and Amy Madigan remain in their seats, not applauding, during the Oscars when Polanski won for directing The Pianist. The majority of the audience, at least the portion shown on TV, was giving him a standing ovation.

Are you sure that was Polanski? Because they definitely did that for Elia Kazan’s Lifetime Achievement Oscar a few year’s previously.

Oh, you are correct! I mushed the two events together in my head. And having just watched a clip of Polanski’s win on YouTube (with no Harris or Madigan in sight), I thank you for posting and clearing up my confusion. :slight_smile:

wrong thread. sorry.

Jewel.

Jezebel has an interesting post (and links to articles) about why some celebrities may be afraid to speak up.

There’s a post on a Chrismm’s Dreamwidth that indexes the anti-Polanski celebrities/authors/etc.

It’s a great page to read through for a bit of sanity after finding out that Tilda Swinton (Tilda Swinton for god’s sake!) has signed the release-Polanski petition.

Sherri Sheppard, if she counts.

John Legend (from the link). I knew that guy had a good head on his shoulders.

I’m wondering if there might be a sort of reverse-blacklisting in Hollywood against any celebrity who didn’t sign the petition supporting Polanski.

Greg Grunberg (Matt on Heroes) has been Twittering condemnatory tweets God I hate that noun in the past week.

Wow, someone in Hollywood using common sense, whoda thunkit?

I already have a ton of respect for Greg Grunberg and this is just one more reason to like him.

Why Tilda Swinton in particular? I don’t know much about her, but is she a feminist icon or something?

I distinctly remember when he won for that movie and people jumped to their feet in the audience. Jack Nicholson was (for some reason) sitting next to Nicholas Cage and tried to pull him to his feet and he stayed sitting.

Streep, Nicholson… almost everyone was clapping wildly.

Angelica Huston stayed seated. They made a point to show her