How do you snap yourself out of..

A pointless and seemingly reasonless bad mood?

I’m not sure if reasonless is a word, but it’s the best word I can find for this…I feel stabby, and it’s probably not hormonal.

Naptime.

Probably?

Vigorous activity. It can be exercise or moving furniture or washing windows, so long as it gets you moving. While you’re moving you can mutter to yourself to your heart’s content.

I came to post what JSgoddess said, but exactly. So since she beat me I will elaborate.

For those days when it’s either kill somebody or hit the gym.

Note that if you hook into your rage while running you can run faster/farther, if you’re on the rowing machine you can row faster, if you’re lifting weights you can do more reps.

Take it out on the equipment. Wear yourself out.

(Or you could put the energy into housecleaning, I guess.)

Well, I just ended my time of the month, which isn’t normally a difficult time for me, but it’s also not a totally normal hormonal time either.

If that made any sense.
I wish we were cutting hair in class tonight, that would take my mind off it, but we’re just watching videos.

Sorry if I asked a dumb question. It’s been a while.

How to snap yourself out has a lot to do with why you’re in…

…reasonless …bad… stabby… possibly hormonal… …

guy?

Pruning,digging or cleaning the windows makes me feel better if I am too far away to catch a ride on a wooden roller coaster.

You could try focusing on positive things instead of negative - make an effort to think of five things you’re grateful for, make a mental list of all the good things in your life, make an effort to see the good things around you instead of the irritating, annoying things. Take a deep breath and breathe in the good, and breathe out the bad. Find some positive things to look at (pretty, inspirational, or funny things).

Or, if you can do it, go back to bed, eat junk food, and read all day. :slight_smile:

I get this way late at night, especially this time of year when it gets dark so early…as corny as it sounds, I usually have decent luck reminding myself that the funk will be gone by morning.

And I believe it, because it always is.

If it’s a generic “I’m having the blues” kinda funk. If it’s situation specific, it may not always be gone in the morning…but even then it looks a hell of a lot better.

Out of curiosity, was any of this helpful?

Housecleaning and masturbation.

I just go to bed.

Depending on your vacuum cleaner, possibly at the same time.

1. Find a cat or kitten.
  2. Flip it over.
  3. Snorgle its belly.
    This always works. Trust me.

Women only please.

Giggling at you all was helpful. I thought of solutions to some little piddly stuff that was annoying me, talked to my best friend, and took the suggestion to stay busy and cleaned the living crap out of my kitchen. I’ll try masturbation later. :smiley:

Thanks all. :slight_smile:

Probably not a good idea to cut hair when you’re feeling stabby! :slight_smile:

“Stabby”, huh?

Take a one gallon milk jug. Fill it with water.

Take a nylon rope, tie one end around the milk jug handle, throw the other end over a beam or over a tree branch or over a clothesline crossbar or some other such support. Tie it off so that the milk jug is hanging on the rope right around chest level.

Now punch it. (Does that feel satisfying or what?)

As it swings back in your direction, repeat.

When I get my hair cut, they usually finish by vacuuming around the collar. Let me just recommend that you stay focused back there, 'kay?