Fuck you, Tim Tebow

Focus on the Family? They have enough money to buy a Super Bowl ad?

Tebow, I hope your NFL career is such a failure and you make Ryan Leaf look like a Hall of Famer in comparison.

Actually, I’d prefer you suffer a career ending injury in the Senior Bowl and never get a dime of NFL money.

I’d rather have Michael Vick on my team than an asshole who associates with James Dobson.

Story

I can’t get outraged by anything there!

I demand more significant pittings!

They don’t, the article points out that the money did not come from their general fund, but from a handful of “very generous and committed friends”. That said, who cares? He is anti-abortion, I’m not, but I also don’t really care. He is going to be in a 30 second commercial during the Super Bowl, don’t watch it. I don’t comprehend the outrage over someone else expressing their opinion. Possibly you could elaborate a bit more on why Tim Tebow should be fucked.

I do suppose that is what the Pit is for, though, so who am I to demand satisfaction?

Dog fighting scumbag vs. anti-abortion guy. Yep, I can certainly see how Vick is a much better person. Well done!

OP must be an Ohio State fan…

I suppose you regret that Pam Tebow didn’t take the advice of her doctors and aborted the fetus named Tim back in 1987.

Yes, he wasn’t worth much as a fetus to society, but look at him now !

He’s certainly worth more than you, given society’s desire to pour money into his bank account.

Be fair. Had he been around when you were conceived, he’d certainly like to thwart your mother’s desire to terminate you had she so wished.

Are you jealous of this aborted abortion ?

Seriously now, you need to get a life. This hatred of yours will not go well as I expect Tebow will have a very successful career.

“Focus on the Family” is not just an anti-abortion organization; it’s a ferociously gay-hating organization that pours money and resources into supporting legal and social oppression of gays.

Tebow’s ad might not make mention of that part of FOTF’s platform but if he’s supporting FOTF, he’s supporting a viciously anti-civil rights organization all the same.

Hurting human beings is worse than hurting dogs, IMHO.

You know, for better or for worse, there’s a pretty big strain of Evangelical Christianity in pro sports, especially pro football. I think if you let the beliefs of the players bother you too much, it’ll just interfere with your enjoyment of the game.

Yeah, money. That’s the real measure of a man.

Do Not Taunt Tebow Of Nazareth.

It would be delicious irony indeed if he somehow slipped all the way back to the late 1st round and the Cardinals drafted him. I’d love to see you eat your words.

Christ, dalej42’s Cardinals already have Kurt Warner, who would certainly step in and do this commercial if Tebow were unable.

I hope that Tebow becomes an NFL success, crushes dalej42’s team in a route, and then forgives him for being an ass.

A stance against legal abortion is defensible, since one can make a coherent argument that there is a “victim” that deserves protection. I struggle with it myself, though I am pro-choice.

A stance against homosexual marriage just makes one an asshole.

Slipped?

Magellan in 3… 2…

:smiley:

I thought we weren’t allowed to call other members “cunts” anymore?

Yeah, I wouldn’t call Tebow going in the late first round a slip. If he’s still on the board in the late third round, maybe.

If one were to pit all the NFL players who try to hijack games for religious promotion there wouldn’t be space for pitting anything else.

Relax and treasure every sack of Tebow by some monster linebacker wearing the message “I CRUSH QBs” in his eyeblack.*
*I enjoyed watching highlights of the college bowl game where Jesus caused one of his QB minions to throw five interceptions in a losing effort. I guess it was the secondary’s turn for glory that day.

All things considered I’d prefer to hang with someone who considers the rights and well being of women more important than those of dogs.

I thought the general consensus was that he probably wasn’t going to go in the first round at all. And even then, they talk about him having to change positions. No one seems to give him much credence as an NFL quarterback.