The Straight Dope

Go Back   Straight Dope Message Board > Main > Cafe Society

Old 02-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Charter Member

Rena Sofer is HOT!!!

Not much else to say except that. Since she's an actress, I decided to post it here. Anyway for some reason Rena Sofer is one of those women whom I find so strikingly beautiful that just say "wow" every time I see here. If you don't recognize the name she's recently been in NCIS as a lawyer, in Heroes as Nathan Petrelli's wife, and in 24 a few seasons back.
Advertisements  
Old 02-02-2010, 11:00 PM

if you're into brunettes, i think Gina Carano is hotter. Yea, the MMA chick that can prolly beat my ass to a bloody pulp.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2442289/
Old 02-02-2010, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enright3 View Post
Not much else to say except that. Since she's an actress, I decided to post it here. Anyway for some reason Rena Sofer is one of those women whom I find so strikingly beautiful that just say "wow" every time I see here. If you don't recognize the name she's recently been in NCIS as a lawyer, in Heroes as Nathan Petrelli's wife, and in 24 a few seasons back.
She's okay.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:13 PM

Rena Sofer was never in 24. There was never a 6th season of 24 with the entire Bauer family tree playing a part. No way, never happened.

Especially not when they trotted out Jack's nephew and strongly implied, but never confirmed, he was really Jack's son. Because that would mean Jack cheated on Terri and Jack never cheated on Terri.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:47 PM

I hope this isn't a hijack but...

I'm often struck by the beauty of secondary actresses and make it a point of tracking down their work. I can see where your coming from on Sofer.

One of my favorite actresses of all time is Franka Potente, probably best known for her work in Run, Lola Run, and her parts in The Bourne Identity and Blow. TMI I know, but I'd drink her bathwater if I could.

She's simply gorgeous to me.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Old 02-03-2010, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Dark hair and pale eyes seems to be a rare combination, and in her case, it works extremely well.

She was also Susan in the American version of Coupling. The scene where Jeff is telling Steve who to fantasize about while having sex with her just really didn't work under the circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jihi View Post
I hope this isn't a hijack but...

I'm often struck by the beauty of secondary actresses and make it a point of tracking down their work. I can see where your coming from on Sofer.
I have occasionally wondered what combination of looks, talent, and luck sets the truly uber sex symbols above all the rest, and who it is that gets to make the determination. There have been several actresses whose bathwater, in my opinion, should be bottled and shipped to grocery stores, but they toil in semi-obscurity and bit parts for a few years and then disappear.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:33 AM
BANNED

I love her name.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:00 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBertha View Post
I love her name.
I have the hots for her, too - but her surname throws me, because it is close to my IRL name and isn't common - its Hebrew for scribe...
Old 02-03-2010, 07:46 AM

I so totally agree. She has a great smile! Too bad none of her shows have lasted long.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:38 AM
SDSAB

Ah, yes, Rena Sofer. I remember her from the TV comedy Ed, where she played a small-town prosecutor. Very hot. There's a scene where she appears to Ed in a teddy just to tempt him. Dunno if it's online anywhere, but yowza, I still remember it.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:49 AM

Confession of a guilty pleasure: I used to watch the original Melrose Place in the '90s. Man, there were a lot of hot women on that show! And I have been smitten with Ms. Sofer ever since.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
I've met her!

She does have very striking blue eyes.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:08 AM

I am also of the opinion that Rena Sofer is hot. She is just beautiful. I love to look at her face. She looks absolutely gorgeous on this picture:

http://data-allocine.blogomaniac.fr/...er_rena_1_.jpg

Ungrudging I have to admit that she is a beautiful woman.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:40 AM

I find her very attractive, as well. Extremely beautiful woman!
Old 02-03-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMada View Post
if you're into brunettes, i think Gina Carano is hotter. Yea, the MMA chick that can prolly beat my ass to a bloody pulp.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2442289/
I'm not sayin' Gina isn't good-looking, but I think she greatly benefits from the Sarah Palin Effect ("hot for a . . . "), and from the fact that she's most often seen next to people like Cyborg Santos.

Not to mention all her best pics tend to be from weigh-ins, when she's about 25lbs lighter than usual.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:31 AM

I saw the thread title, and thought it said "Rube Sofer is HOT!!!"

I'm not the right polarity to appreciate the charms of Mandy Patinkin, but if he does it for you, great.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbje View Post
I am also of the opinion that Rena Sofer is hot. She is just beautiful. I love to look at her face. She looks absolutely gorgeous on this picture:

http://data-allocine.blogomaniac.fr/...er_rena_1_.jpg

Ungrudging I have to admit that she is a beautiful woman.
Crud,
I'll have to wait until I get home to see this one. My company has decided to block that link.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Charter Member

Wow, thank you.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Crud,
I'll have to wait until I get home to see this one. My company has decided to block that link.
I think it is a bad link. I'm at home and I cannot view it either.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:05 PM

She really is stunningly beautiful. I'll sit through just about anything she happens to star in just because she's so very lovely. I liked her in "Hostile Advances: The Kerry Ellison Story", a dramatisation of a woman suing for sexual harassment. It is very well meaning but feels about as nuanced and balanced as The Simpsons' Homer: Portrait of an ass grabber. Great cast, though. As well as Rena, Victor Garber plays the bad boss.

And I really missed her character on Heroes where I thought she was doing good work. Ah, well.

A friend of mine met her briefly in LA. She (my friend) and her sister were eating in a restaurant when a young child leaned over the back of their chair to smile and generally try and make friends. After a minute, the lovely Rena Sofer appeared from around the other side of the table to grin in friendly fashion and to gently redirect the child back to their seat. My friend says she's even prettier in real life.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khadaji View Post
I so totally agree. She has a great smile! Too bad none of her shows have lasted long.
General Hospital was on awhile, but they have her coming on the show in 1963 despite not being born till 1968.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:51 PM
SDSAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khadaji View Post
I think it is a bad link. I'm at home and I cannot view it either.
I had the same experience at work and at home. Bad link.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware of Doug View Post
General Hospital was on awhile, but they have her coming on the show in 1963 despite not being born till 1968.
The year IMDb lists with tv shows is the year they started, no matter when that actor/writer/whoever came on. I can tell you without checking that General Hospital must've started in 1963.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:16 PM

According to the imdb, her father is a rabbi.

I remember her from Ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordMan View Post
I have the hots for her, too - but her surname throws me, because it is close to my IRL name and isn't common - its Hebrew for scribe...

Last edited by aceplace57; 02-03-2010 at 09:18 PM..
Old 02-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordMan View Post
So? You are anti-hebraic?

I've been here for going on ten years and my own longing-but-futile glances across the Judeo/Christian aisle are well documented. Only Grandma Mame managed the leap.

Me: I find that woman attractive.

Future Wife, before I knew it: You aren't Jewish. She wouldn't notice you.

Me, before I knew I was being set up: (sigh) You're probably right.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post
I had the same experience at work and at home. Bad link.
It is just one of those sites that won't serve an image if the referrer is a different site. To get around it, just paste the link into the address bar.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:03 PM

Never heard of her, but her jaw looks like it would give Minnie Driver's a run for its money in a walnut cracking competition.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:40 PM
SDSAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manduck View Post
It is just one of those sites that won't serve an image if the referrer is a different site. To get around it, just paste the link into the address bar.
Right you are. As it happens, it's the exact same picture as in the sixth and last link I provided.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:00 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropzone View Post
So? You are anti-hebraic?
Quite the opposite; I'm a "scribe" too...I just don't hear what-sounds-like my surname mentioned much...
Old 02-09-2010, 10:09 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koxinga View Post
Never heard of her, but her jaw looks like it would give Minnie Driver's a run for its money in a walnut cracking competition.
You say that like it's a bad thing.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:06 PM

I saw her in Saved By The Bell:Hawaiian Style, and she is gorgeous. I love that dark hair blue or green eye combo.