Old 05-23-2016, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeky61 View Post
(we even asked a priest come and assist us) he was sceptical and although he did not hear it he did splash some holy water about..
Funny, no one else tried this remedy.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mooo View Post
Okay, I bet a million dollars if there is a strange clicking sound a feeling of constant surveillance then your in the media or military ... [snip]
Great material ... I'm stealing this and putting it in my next newsletter ...
Old 05-23-2016, 11:30 AM
Charter Member

This thread has been bugging people for some time now ...
Old 05-23-2016, 01:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
Isn't this a classic "Need Answer Fast" situation?
Don't worry, no matter how long it takes there will be at least one second on the timer when you disconnect it.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:55 AM

I have the same thing

I know the click and it does not sound the same as the death bug or whatever its called. it sounds more like a loose metal latch when a truck goes past and shakes the house. Its weird, not that into it
Old 03-30-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the hamster king View Post
dumbledore!
Old 03-30-2017, 12:27 PM

I had the same thing going on when I bought my house 12 years ago. It was coming from a wall in the bedroom but I couldn't figure out what it. Also, I typically only heard when lying in bed at night when the house was quiet. One afternoon I laid down for a nap and sure enough it started again.. since it was daylight I decided to investigate.

I put my ear to the wall so I could pinpoint the source as best I could.. went outside to see if a branch was hitting the house or if there was an animal digging around the foundation. Turns out the noise was from the little wiry padlock they put on electrical meters. The wind was causing it to oscillate and hit the box with a constant tick, tick, tick.

I keep wondering what the meter reader thinks when he checks the meter and see's the lock covered in foam padding and duct tape.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:13 PM

Location: Akron, Ohio, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Known Universe
I heard a ticking sound in my house for years, it was the house settling. The basement walls were slowly bowing in and the house was constantly shifting. That was not a cheap fix.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:46 PM

Older (or cheaper new) mechanical lamp timers start doing this after a while. I had some Intermatic rom the early 1990s that I finally had to retire because of the annoying ticking sound (about 4 per second). I tried to take one apart to see what was causing it and how they're geared, but all the plastic bits just broke and the thing pretty well disintegrated.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Okay, I bet a million dollars if there is a strange clicking sound a feeling of constant surveillance then your in the media or military (or want to be or have been in the past or someone you live with is) I once heard from a governmental source the days of planting bugs in peoples homes are over and have been for a very very long time. today they use a sort of sonar to listen in from a distance, if you go outside at night and walk out to the road while it's very quiet the chirping over my house is loud to me, but others around me could barely hear it. Sometimes I would struggle with it in my mind I was certain it wasn't spiritual and that it was a technology being deployed against me. A new form of torture from a distance, hitting people with invisible rays that make their hearts race with fear & trepidation Awful technologies designed by lunatics with deep dark ops kinds of funding. they'll steal the words from peoples mouths and the sounds they make around their homes (the sound of cutlery being tossed into a drawer makes a nice high hat) package them up as the latest & greatest. while your in the dark wondering why all your words & ideas keep coming right back at cha through your favorite recording artists & movie makers etc (Spy vs Spy kinda stuff uno) you have to pay for your development nothing in this life is free, but it's nice to think it is...I've been were you all are. I know how awful and confusing it is chirping on the kitchen bench top for a few day then in the bedroom & I know it seems like it's ghostly because it's emanating a magnetic field which can make your hair stand on end. (ghostly/supernatural phenomena is more subtle in it's frequency to me) Lol I noticed the chirping technology being used at the hospital the other day tracking everyone who enters with a sonic signature which is taken from your voice (usually but it's not required) you cant get away from it until you leave the grounds. So stress not everyone it's being used for good and for bad reasons, think satellites & super technologies designed to manage people. This is the best answer your ever gonna find on this topic it is a deep dark ops technology being deployed on people all over the world. I truly love people (because I am one for now) and as we all grow live and learn together I think it's important to communicate what strange things that happen in our lives with each other over the net so we actually can find answers to deeply personal things such as this. The other thing that worries me is the use of Xray technologies at airports frequent commuters would have their life spans destroyed think about that and what it means. people carrying drugs & other contraband inside themselves are only small amounts and does not warrant the use of such cellular destroying rays on frequent international fliers. ( who are in their own right an economical & political backbone) weve got big problems coming up did anyone catch the news about the massive alien spaceship tinkering with the sun? incredible footage, it seemed to be injecting something into it they said Amazing. hold it together okay...secret mind link technology is about to jump in leaps & bounds it's gonna be awesome.
QFT...Oh Mr. Mooo, where are you?
Old 03-30-2017, 08:59 PM

Are you losing your hearing ? Is so you could have tinnitus, I was hearing a sound in the my condo and asked my daughter and ex husband if they heard any sound and they said " NO" . I went outside to get away from the sound and I could still heard it I knew then I was getting tinnitus .
Old 03-30-2017, 10:21 PM

I find the following prose better and more fun to read than many modern novels and most political blogs. It reminds me of Hunter S. Thompson when he was experimenting with his dosages.

Quote:
The World is full of Secrets

Okay, I bet a million dollars if there is a strange clicking sound a feeling of constant surveillance then your in the media or military (or want to be or have been in the past or someone you live with is) I once heard from a governmental source the days of planting bugs in peoples homes are over and have been for a very very long time. today they use a sort of sonar to listen in from a distance, if you go outside at night and walk out to the road while it's very quiet the chirping over my house is loud to me, but others around me could barely hear it. Sometimes I would struggle with it in my mind I was certain it wasn't spiritual and that it was a technology being deployed against me. A new form of torture from a distance, hitting people with invisible rays that make their hearts race with fear & trepidation Awful technologies designed by lunatics with deep dark ops kinds of funding. they'll steal the words from peoples mouths and the sounds they make around their homes (the sound of cutlery being tossed into a drawer makes a nice high hat) package them up as the latest & greatest. while your in the dark wondering why all your words & ideas keep coming right back at cha through your favorite recording artists & movie makers etc (Spy vs Spy kinda stuff uno) you have to pay for your development nothing in this life is free, but it's nice to think it is...I've been were you all are. I know how awful and confusing it is chirping on the kitchen bench top for a few day then in the bedroom & I know it seems like it's ghostly because it's emanating a magnetic field which can make your hair stand on end. (ghostly/supernatural phenomena is more subtle in it's frequency to me) Lol I noticed the chirping technology being used at the hospital the other day tracking everyone who enters with a sonic signature which is taken from your voice (usually but it's not required) you cant get away from it until you leave the grounds. So stress not everyone it's being used for good and for bad reasons, think satellites & super technologies designed to manage people. This is the best answer your ever gonna find on this topic it is a deep dark ops technology being deployed on people all over the world. I truly love people (because I am one for now) and as we all grow live and learn together I think it's important to communicate what strange things that happen in our lives with each other over the net so we actually can find answers to deeply personal things such as this. The other thing that worries me is the use of Xray technologies at airports frequent commuters would have their life spans destroyed think about that and what it means. people carrying drugs & other contraband inside themselves are only small amounts and does not warrant the use of such cellular destroying rays on frequent international fliers. ( who are in their own right an economical & political backbone) weve got big problems coming up did anyone catch the news about the massive alien spaceship tinkering with the sun? incredible footage, it seemed to be injecting something into it they said Amazing. hold it together okay...secret mind link technology is about to jump in leaps & bounds it's gonna be awesome.
Googling, I see that Mr Mooo published this nowhere else; it was written exclusively for SDMB.

Yet you Dopers were rude to Mr Mooo. He has not been back: this was his very first post here and also his last one. I hope the lunatics didn't get him with their x-rays. He did write "I truly love people (because I am one for now)." For his sake, I hope he's still people, or has gone back to a better condition.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:45 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
I find the following prose better and more fun to read than many modern novels and most political blogs. It reminds me of Hunter S. Thompson when he was experimenting with his dosages.

Googling, I see that Mr Mooo published this nowhere else; it was written exclusively for SDMB.

Yet you Dopers were rude to Mr Mooo. He has not been back: this was his very first post here and also his last one. I hope the lunatics didn't get him with their x-rays. He did write "I truly love people (because I am one for now)." For his sake, I hope he's still people, or has gone back to a better condition.
I just read it too. Wow. Too bad he did it in a wall of text, which people usually skip - on the other hand it kind of belongs in a wall of text.

Makes me wonder, though, how someone found the particular post, expended significant effort on writing the long post in reply pouring out concepts and ideas that seem very heartfelt, then disappeared.

People are strange. Especially those who are only people "for now".