Wanted-Ruler of World. Enquire Within.

Inspired by this thread, I am opening nominations for World Ruler. The rules are:

1. Nominee must be an SDMB poster. Guests, members, charter members, moderators and administrators only.
  2. You cannot nominate yourself.
  3. You cannot campaign for yourself. There will be a separate poll later where you may speechify if you wish.
  4. No banned members may be nominated.

I nominate Curtis LeMay!

You call that a nominating speech, dude? This ain’t an election for hall monitor-put some spin on it!

CURTIS LEMAY FOR DICTATOR!

Clearly, Curtis LeMay is a genius. I really don’t think anyone’s going to dispute this so there’s no point in me attempting to prove it.

He has shown a clear and concise understanding of the world and its peoples, cultures, religions and circumstances. We need someone who’s willing to follow the word of the one and true GOD (at least the parts of his word that he likes) and lead us into the 16th century like all other good fundamentalist Christians.

Curtis LeMay will rule us with an iron fist in a velvet glove.

I don’t need a big 'ole fancy speech. Just go read the Bible. It is, in its entirety, a speech for why, clearly, Curtis is the most suited for the position.

As he implied himself, no other 13 year old is more suited to rule the world and all of its economic, political, sociological and religious intricacies than Curtis. Woo!

But seriously, someone nominate me. Free whores and Lincolns!

**Olivesmarch4th. **

Smart, compassionate, and probably doesn’t want the job. The perfect combo.
I was gonna nominate AClockworkMelon,…hell, free whores and Lincolns…but Olives gets the nomination.

Point of clarification-I’m pretty sure the velvet glove goes into the iron fist, otherwise it tears.

Rule #5-No asking to be nominated.

I’ll nominate my fellow adventurer AClockWorkMelon. I like me some whores and Lincolns are ok if you like old man cars.

As far as reasons I think that by nominating him I will get a position of power in his government and the likely winner, Skald, has already promised my a small portion of his world so this way I’m doubling up my bet. . . I mean he’s a great upstanding guy who will stand up for the little guy and make the world a better place with ponies for everyone. Not to mention the whores.

^_^;

I think Skald the Rhymer is the obvious choice here.

What did he promise you?

I think I’d have to nominate Liberal. The dude is sincere in his beliefs, and I’d love to see how fast, and in what way, he dumps all that power.

Are we allowed to nominate more than one person?

Let’s make it a limit of three, o.k.?

I also nominate Ed Zotti (sp?) and ivan whatshisname.

I’ll second the nomination of olivesmarch4th. I think she’d be fair-minded, honest and compassionate.

I nominate Giraffe. His 18 inch, prehensile tongue is sorely needed in solving the world’s ills.

I was gonna nominate Mean Old Lady but she’s too mean.

I gotta say Skald, too. He seems reasonable enough. By my definition of “reasonable,” anyway.

Wouldn’t you like to know? :stuck_out_tongue: