Betty White Hosts SNL

5/8/2010 Betty White will host Saturday Night Live.
Many are looking forward to this show. Appearing with Betty will be Tina Fey, Ana Gasteyer, Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph,Molly Shannon and MacGruber.
Music is Jay Z with a really cool ‘laser’ show.
Set the DVRs this is going to be good.

I quit watching this show a few years ago, but I made sure to set this episode to record.

Yup, my Tivo’s all set. I can’t wait to see the standing ovation she gets.

Rachel Dratch and Betty will also be doing a ‘Debbie Downer’ bit.
This is going to be classic!

I’m so in. This should be epic.

Can. Not. Wait.

I wonder if they will do a parody of The Golden Girls or The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

I would love to Ed Asner make a cameo and have Sue Ann Nivens still pursuing Lou Grant, almost 40 yrs later.

Has SNL ever parodied Password?

My DVR is set.

They should definitely spoof Lake Placid.

Already have my DVR set to record, and will try to watch it live.
BTW, has anyone else seen the promo for the new series, “Hot in Cleveland” starring Betty White, with Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves and Wendie Malick. The clip I saw was actually pretty funny - begins airing on TV Land June 16.

(Not being snarky) Anyone able to explain why her hosting SNL is such a big deal? I’m not too up on TV pop culture from the last decade or so (pesky 3rd shift job, teaching gig, and school sucking up my precious TV-watching time), so I’m not getting the enthusiasm, unless everyone just happens to really like Betty White.

Betty will be breaking Miskel Spellman’s record for oldest SNL host. I bet nobody ever expected that record to be broken.

Not after George Burns died, anyway.

She’s just hilarious. And has a surprisingly dirty sense of humor for a sweet old lady. There is also a sense of nostalgic awesomeness for those of us who grew up watching syndicated Golden Girls reruns after school.

Way to make a guy feel old, friedo! I grew up watching her on Mary Tyler Moore and Match Game … first run!

And, if we’re lucky, she might tell a St. Olaf story and hit on Jay-Z.

So does Ed Asner. When Chelsea Handler told him recently that he reminded her of her father, Asner replied, “Does your father want to fuck you?”

As far as I can tell, it’s because she was in a funny Superbowl commercial, and afterwards petitioning to get Betty White to host SNL became the internet meme-of-the-week. Lorne Michaels listened and is really making it happen.

Ed Asner is a sweet old lady?!

:cool:

I wasn’t going to say anything, but WTF, no one cares about my opinion anyway—Betty White strikes me as someone who is so desperate to keep herself relevant to the younger set she will say or do anything that is asked of her, no matter how vulgar, base, crude or shocking. There has been a lot of this going on in the last few years, (Abe Vigoda on Conan, Larry “Bud” Melman on Letterman); old stars are asked to do cameos in TV and films that make them look like dottering, yet hip old degenerates (Cloris Leachman is especially egregious) and are there solely to be laughed at, not laughed with.

I understand it is hard to find work as an older actor in Hollywood, but I don’t recall Mary Tyler Moore having simulated anal sex with Jimmy Kimmel or Paul Newman doing a cameo featuring language that would make Andrew Dice Clay blush.

I honestly believe that Betty White would pull down her pants and urinate and defecate on live TV if it was asked of her, in a pathetic attempt to stay with it…

Retaining one’s dignity is something that may be better that trying to extend a flagging career by being a source of shock and cheap, vulgar gags—Betty White can’t need the money THAT badly.

Just my two cents, YMMV, as always.

Yes Phil Hartman did a parody quite a few years ago.