A Malware warning on the SDMB

This may be similar to **Frylock’s **OP, but I read it and it didn’t appear to be the same so I thought I’d post this just in case.

I was in the game room reading a thread. When I went to respond to the thread, I hit the reply button and got a very red screen telling me that the SDMB appears to have malware associated with it. It listed the IP address as well (I didn’t write it down, sorry).

I killed the chrome window, and brought the SDMB back up and it didn’t reappear.

So, I’m not sure what it was.

if it appears again, is there anything you’d like me to gather, other than the IP address?

And has this appeared before?

Thanks.

This thread may be of some use:

If you think you see malware on the SDMB

Read the message the next time – Google is cautious but sometimes they have good reason to be.

They usually will tell you what sites they think you’re being exposed to and why that is a bad thing. Then it’s up to you to decide if you think you’re being attacked or not.

Oh, and I have found this helpful overall.

Tuba,
are you telling me that if I were using a different browser, I may not have seen the malware warning?

FTR, I DID read the message. It gave me the choice of moving forward or backing out. I backed out.

If I see it again, I’ll be sure to copy the message to a plain text file and post it.

This ^^^ is about the only useful thing you could have done. Your OP doesn’t give me (or anyone else) anything to go on analyzing the problem. Grabbing the actual “error message” gives us something to work with. It may not be useful, but at least it’s something. If it happens again, that is exactly what you should do, if you want a useful answer.

ETA: We still might not come up with anything, because you didn’t give us vital info we need. Still, doing this is a very good start…

Fair enough.

I backed out before thinking about it. But I posted the occurrence in case anyone else saw the same thing. Apparently, it is something new. If I see it again, I’ll be sure to copy and post.

SFP