Think Geek ordered to cease and desist!

Every Geek’s favorite place to shop on line Think Geek has been served with a 12 page cease and desist order.
You can read the details on their blog. (scroll down to the bottom to find the blog)

Twelve pages, you say? Over what?
TG used of a mark registered to the National Pork Board.
:confused:

Think Geek as part of their April Fool’s Day promo offered canned unicorn meat and called it the other white meat.
It seems the lawyers did not get the joke

You can’t make this stuff up people.

I bet their lawyers got on the horn right away.

Since it was an April Fools joke, haven’t they already ceased and desisted?

Can’t blame them for wanting to make their point.

The National Pork Board can’t take a ribbing?

Might have to boycott pork over this. Wait, bacon is pork … dammit!

I wouldn’t even think the Pork Board would travel in Geek circles to have seen that site, someone must have squealed.

From the comments at the Think Geek site

Pigs are really intelligent, actually. Like dolphins.

Yet another white meat… I prefer bottlenose… dragnet caught… packed in gulf oil.

So what we’re saying is, the Pork Board thought the parody of their slogan wasn’t kosher?

I’m in hog heaven reading this thread.

Pigheaded idiots the lot of them!

Can’t say that I’m a fan of the product, I only eat cruelty free unicorn meat.

Lawyers can be such swine.

You’ve all hogged the best jokes.

Well, if anyone could capture a unicorn, it makes sense that it would be a geek! :smiley:

What is it about pork and ridiculous trademark cases? In that case it’s the infringing product itself that’s totally bizarre though. The case also has the most awesome citation ever: “In Beer Nuts I, this court observed . . .”

Nay.

I’d write my congressman to pass a law about it, but it would probably be considered pork barrel legislation.

Unicorn meat: Maiden America.